Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700k 4.0GHz
Graphics
Geforce GTX 980Ti 6GB
Hello,

I had a fully functioning Hackintosh (Build under profile) and now with the 10.12.1 update the web driver worked for about a week and when I replugged in my hackintosh a couple days ago it will not load the web driver. Every time my comp starts up and tried to load the driver my graphics card fans stop running(lights are still on) and I get a black screen. I then have to go under Clover Boot Options and turn off the web driver start up so I can boot to my system. I am so confused as to why it was working for a little bit and now doesn't work at all. I will attach my config list. Any help would be great. Thank you! I have also disabled all my internal graphics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.44.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.44.48 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 124
  • config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 192
The same has been happening to me with a GTX 980 for the last 2 months. I'm back to El Capitan until nvidia releases new drivers that hopefully solve this issue.

The current support of graphic cards for hackintosh is depressing.

This seems to be a Skylake Nvidia combination issue because I have been seeing lots of reports where people with Skylake boards cannot get the drivers to load. I have zero issues with my GTX 970 on a Haswell Z97 board in Sierra.

"Boot to black screen" does not occur without Nvidia drivers, on Maxwell cards this will only happen when the WebDrivers are installed and activated properly. AGDP is causing this, which can be fixed with AGDPfix or a more compatible SMBIOS (-> iMac14,2).

I'm currently running a GTX 980 in my Skylake rig and I have zero issues in Sierra, just be sure to remember the AGDP stuff.

I am having the same issue with my skylake build. I am using iMac14,2 with my GTX 970. I really can't figure it out.

If I boot and disable nvidia drivers and then do a kextcache -system-prelinkel-kernel & kextcache -system-caches the next boot will be fine, but subsequent boots are usually not.

Would you mind posting your working skylake 14,2 config.plist to rule all of that out? What else can I try?

I'm using iMac17,1 + AGDPfix.app, mainly because I intended to use an AMD GPU when I planned the build. The generic config.plist which comes with MultiBeast should be fine though, worked without issues the last time I checked.
Thanks for the info Flor!an.

I am using 14,2 and I will try the AGDPfix.app and get back to you.

I'm using iMac17,1 + AGDPfix.app, mainly because I intended to use an AMD GPU when I planned the build. The generic config.plist which comes with MultiBeast should be fine though, worked without issues the last time I checked.
Flor!an this worked half way! Ill explain

I disabled my SIP so i can run the AGDPfix.app for my 17,1 system. Now when i have it run the web driver my system recognizes my graphics now but my cards FANS are not turning anymore. again... i have full control of my system now but NO FANS ARE TURNING. I know thats super bad for your graphics card so i am trying to keep it off as much as possible.

The fans turn while in BIOS and half way through loading clover..... then once it gets half way through boot the fans stop turning and mac boots up. any ideas? The fans keep turning if I use the Mac OS X driver but not with the web driver.

I'm using iMac17,1 + AGDPfix.app, mainly because I intended to use an AMD GPU when I planned the build. The generic config.plist which comes with MultiBeast should be fine though, worked without issues the last time checked.

My hackintosh never loaded the nvdia WebDriver on Sierra.

I did a clean installation, installed the right webdriver + AGDPfix.app but I stil have no 3d acelleration and never load the driver...
(Already tried the new method to enable the webdriver, no success)

@KyleKeagy: Hehe, that's perfectly fine! Most Maxwell cards are "semi passive", so they'll shut down the fans as long as they're in idle. Fans will start turning when they hit ~60-65°C (depends on the model), nothing to worry about.

During BIOS / boot your card will be in "emergency mode", so the fans won't shut off.

@ganzaroli: Are you sure your config.plist doesn't contain nv_disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back