Contribute
Register

9470m: System runs slow with Open Core bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it prevents the system from working inconsistently. Is there a kext or method you can suggest?

Voodoo from RehabMan working stable but also no zoom. The 9470 has smbus and synaptyc touchpad. Maybe is possible
to setup voodooRMI driver.

developers say ivy bridge doesn't work on computers

finally it works: zoom and gestures

I have discovered 99% CPU utilization by rpcsvchost after Intel Power gadget installation ..
I am experimenting with OpenCore (0.6.3) on my HackMini8,1 here. After booting with OC, I am seeing rpcsvchost at 100% CPU. My test is with a clean installation of 10.15.7 and the supplemental update. Did you ever figure out the rpcsvchost CPU utilization? I have Intel Power Gadget installed with and without CLOVER and only see rpcsvchost when booting with OC.

So far, after my OC (0.6.3) vs. CLOVER (r5122) testing, my GeekBench 5 CPU benchmarks are higher with CLOVER than with OC (even after I kill rpcsvchost). Still trying to figure out why.

Last edited:
I am experimenting with OpenCore (0.6.3) on my HackMini8,1 here. After booting with OC, I am seeing rpcsvchost at 100% CPU. My test is with a clean installation of 10.15.7 and the supplemental update. Did you ever figure out the rpcsvchost CPU utilization? I have Intel Power Gadget installed with and without CLOVER and only see rpcsvchost when booting with OC.

So far, after my OC (0.6.3) vs. CLOVER (r5122) testing, my GeekBench 5 CPU benchmarks are higher with CLOVER than with OC (even after I kill rpcsvchost). Still trying to figure out why.

It looks like I have resolved the rpcsvchost problem on my rig by changing the rtcexlude range as I note here.

I am currently testing my rig without RtcMemoryFixup - see here. My system may not require it and rpcsvchost continues to be fine (no rpcsvchost problems without RtcMemoryFixup).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back