Contribute
Register

9-cell battery for the 4530s/4430s? *Update* Installed-PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
So it basically tripled it?

I'll let you know after this weekend. That screen shot is after a fresh charge right after I opened the box. I'm assuming with a 4530s you'll lose some and gain some depending on your specs..? Bigger screen but i3 (whereas I have a 14" screen with an i5-2410m.

Dunno. So far so good though.

Oh. I should probably update the memory/screen-lines thread too. I've been running on the 4GB stick that came with my 4530s and so far I've had zero lines for 3 days or so. Which is actually pretty amazing.

It will need 4-5 cycles for maximum performance.

Since the 9-cell battery's price is soooo high anybody tried the 8-cell battery? On alinc.com it is ~ 54$. Compared to the 96$ for the 9-cell I think it is the best line.

Anybody tested it?

It looks like this battery is not compatible with the 4530s. It says at the alinc that is compatible but I search the web for this part number and is different than ours.
There is on ebay this battery and the pictures of all I found is different than ours.

The other thing that makes me to worry is the voltage. Ours battery voltage are 10.8v and this is 14.4. It is quite bit different and I don't think it will work.

Okay so I'm back from Massachusetts. On a full charge, with light usage, low screen brightness, I flew from Michigan to Cleveland to Boston for 2 days and I never charged this thing once. Always used sleep. I used it to check email and read news sites at night when my wife and I got back to the hotel.

I'm just under 30% now and it's reporting 3hrs left.

This battery rocks. FYI this is my 4430s

whats the model number? The only place i can find that sells them is amazon.

633809-001 is the HP part number. I ordered mine from the HP parts store. I got it because the part number of the original battery that the 4430s and 4530s ships with is the same. I assumed that the 9-cell for the 4530s would fit the 4430s because of this. It does.

I'm pleased.

nikstar said:
It looks like this battery is not compatible with the 4530s. It says at the alinc that is compatible but I search the web for this part number and is different than ours.
There is on ebay this battery and the pictures of all I found is different than ours.

The other thing that makes me to worry is the voltage. Ours battery voltage are 10.8v and this is 14.4. It is quite bit different and I don't think it will work.

But it is provided on the 4530s parts! Are you sure we are talking about the same battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back