5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Any one else notice problems with the audio kexts in MultiBeast?

The 889 kexts do not map the output correctly. The "internal speakers" option comes up for my main 1/8" analog output on my motherboard. From what I can recall the "internal speakers" has highpass DSP on it, so you don't pop the built in speakers on most macs.

There are two other working outs that show up on the standard sound pref pane, but one is mapped the sub out, the other is mapped to the center channel output.

Also, all the outs sound out of phase.

The DSDT Auto patcher (HDEF USB GMA 950) by El Coniglio works with just the ALC8xxHDA.kext, but has the same result as using the Non-DSDT HDA Enabler included in multibeast.

I've been away from the OSx86 scene for over a year, but I thought we had this all solved back in 2009 (my last 3 builds were p45 6600, and two x58 i920's all with 64 bit snow leo vanilla).

i need the ALC889 to be installed correctly too thats the only thing i need to have a perfect Snow Leopard.

Bump. Me too. Luckily I have a Black Magic Intensity card that works for audio. Otherwise I would have NO audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back