Contribute
Register

889 lion 10.7.5 -hdmi-hd3000 artifact resolved, but with new problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97x-UD3H
CPU
I7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Had some interesting issues with my computer, so reinstalled from clone and started playing around with the new multibeast and 10.7.5...

Am running an editied DSDT with toleda's edits for a 389 layout id. When I ONLY use the patched HDA, the system is fully functional from a layout 389 standpoint, but I got the HD3000 artifacts again. When I added the ALC8xx kext, all video artifacts are gone BUT my front audio inputs (ie headphone) no longer work.

I know toleda's guide does NOT recommend use of the ALC8xx kext when using edited DSDT and patched HDA, but this seems to be my workaround.

Thoughts? Explanation?

Regardless, it seems that the HD3000 and 889 integration is key to an artifact free experience.

Am running an editied DSDT with toleda's edits for a 389 layout id. When I ONLY use the patched HDA, the system is fully functional from a layout 389 standpoint, but I got the HD3000 artifacts again. When I added the ALC8xx kext, all video artifacts are gone BUT my front audio inputs (ie headphone) no longer work.

Thoughts? Explanation?
I'll start by saying; if this works for you, go with it. There is not a rational explanation for audio effecting video performance.. I had artifacts before I got audio (on board and/or HDMI audio) working and I have artifacts now. Audio is processed in an onboard or HDMI codec and video is processed in a graphics engine, audio bandwidth is minuscule compared to video bandwidth; how does one interfere with the other? The are numerous graphics solutions that do not artifact; built from discrete optimized graphics processor, dedicated fast memory (512MB+), huge data path, direct video output, etc. The $10 HD3000 graphics engine has artifacts; built from a small piece of processor silicon, 64MB dedicated and 384MB+ shared (with CPU) memory, shared data path, motherboard video output, etc. The HD3000 has less performance than almost any low end discrete graphics cards (it beats the GT 520). In the simplest sense, you get what you pay for.

Have you tried the FakeSMC fix? No explanation for why that eliminate artifacts for some users. Your front panel audio will work again when you delete ALC8xxHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back