i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All!
I have 10.13.6 High Sierra running on my hackintosh with specs in my signature.
Wondering what is the earliest version of OSX I can run under my setup?
Will I for instance be able to install Yosemite or El Capitan?
Anyone have and running an earlier version of the OS?

Thank you!

Your motherboard and CPU have support from High Sierra and your GTX 1080 also requires additional driver support that is best on High Sierra.

To use Sierra you would need to buy a 200 series motherboard and a matching Intel 7th Gen processor. Nvidia driver support may work in Sierra for the GTX 1080.

To use El Capitan you would require older 100 series motherboard with a 6 series Intel CPU and a different graphics card.

When Apple release a new version of macOS it brings support for new hardware and deprecates some of the oldest. Neither Apple nor Nvidia provide new driver or system support for the newest hardware on older versions of macOS as Apple have already made it obsolete with the latest macOS version.

A few users on my Z370 build thread have reported success running Sierra with 8th gen CPU. FakeCPUID is required to spoof 7th gen CPU.

Because of the extreme similarities with Z170, my guess is that you should be able to go all the way back to El Capitan by spoofing a Skylake CPU. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext should help a lot too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back