Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo S340 15IWL
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620 (630)
Good evening

Very much hopeful that someone can assist with this highly frustrating issue.

I do hope I've posted this correctly as I don't wish to fall foul of the rules. I've removed a YouTube Link and other site links. Also read the rule base too.

High Sierra 10.13.6 with a successful setup with a K2000 Quadro as part of my HP 8570 laptop; I followed RehabMan’s excellent guide to the letter:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Worked a treat and have had over a year of great performance from the setup.

Recently I upgraded from a K2000 Quadro (Pascal) (that was part of the original HP laptop) to a M2000M Quadro (Maxwell) GM107GLM (Dev 13B0). The new card is a HP part from a G3 ZBook.

In order to install it in Windows, I had to download the Nvidia drivers from the HP site and ‘hack’ the inf. to get the card detected and installed which worked great. Tested at 1080p plus ‘Heaven’ GPU test works with no issues.

I replaced the highlighted text with my HP Board Dev:

%NVIDIA_DEV.13B0.176B.103C% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13B0&SUBSYS_176B103C

NVIDIA_DEV.13B0.176B.103C = "NVIDIA Quadro M2000M"

My Kali partition boots fine and, whilst I’ve not checked for driver installation, is working at 1080p.

My OSX boot via Clover 4674 is not working at all well.

I do understand that I must use the Nvidia Web drivers as the ‘900’ series cards (of which the Quadro M2000M is a member) is a must. I disabled via nv_disabled=1 and attempted to boot. The boot apple logo was ‘ghosting’ and, when booted, the screen was totally unreadable (multiple imaging).

No matter what I did, the same corrupted image appeared (albeit in 1080x1920) until I read about changing the BIOS from UEFI to UEFI (With CSM). When I did so, the Clover GUI downgraded to 1024x768 from 1080p and on boot everything is at 1024x768. Note that the corrupted image did NOT stop the laptop from functioning. I was able to connect remotely to the laptop; the screen rendered at 1080p.

I believe I’ve attempted all manner of things:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

I have the latest version of:

Lilu
Evergreen

Plus I’ve enabled the CSMVideo driver to no effect; now disabled.

The laptop is now in a functioning state but in 1024x768 only. With the ‘Faking’ of the dev to 13BF (from 13B0) and Injection of Nvidia, I can get the system report to show; see attached.

However, the desktop is still at 1024x768 and I cannot detect the GPU via Cuda-Z…even when the Nvidia Web Drivers show ‘Installed’ and enabled in the control panel.

Also note that the card is detected in the boot log. I’ve attempted to ‘Fake’ the Nvidia card ID too (currently in Clover)

I shouldn’t have to run the ‘CSM’ in the Bios and surely there would be a way of forcing a correct detection of this card (seeing Windows is functioning fine).

All other Kexts are loaded perfectly in the OS…just the GPU that seems to be an issue.

Any suggestions warmly appreciated. Do I need to inject or patch Clover in some way or potentially remove something from the original Rehabman setup? Will Evergreen Kext provide something? If so, how?

I note that there was a suggestion that a M4000M could be faked into the process and booted but I'm struggling.

What further logs / extracts would be required to find out what’s causing the issue here?

Many thanks all.

Mo

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening

Very much hopeful that someone can assist with this highly frustrating issue.

I do hope I've posted this correctly as I don't wish to fall foul of the rules. I've removed a YouTube Link and other site links. Also read the rule base too.

High Sierra 10.13.6 with a successful setup with a K2000 Quadro as part of my HP 8570 laptop; I followed RehabMan’s excellent guide to the letter:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Worked a treat and have had over a year of great performance from the setup.

Recently I upgraded from a K2000 Quadro (Pascal) (that was part of the original HP laptop) to a M2000M Quadro (Maxwell) GM107GLM (Dev 13B0). The new card is a HP part from a G3 ZBook.

In order to install it in Windows, I had to download the Nvidia drivers from the HP site and ‘hack’ the inf. to get the card detected and installed which worked great. Tested at 1080p plus ‘Heaven’ GPU test works with no issues.

I replaced the highlighted text with my HP Board Dev:

%NVIDIA_DEV.13B0.176B.103C% = Section049, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13B0&SUBSYS_176B103C

NVIDIA_DEV.13B0.176B.103C = "NVIDIA Quadro M2000M"

My Kali partition boots fine and, whilst I’ve not checked for driver installation, is working at 1080p.

My OSX boot via Clover 4674 is not working at all well.

I do understand that I must use the Nvidia Web drivers as the ‘900’ series cards (of which the Quadro M2000M is a member) is a must. I disabled via nv_disabled=1 and attempted to boot. The boot apple logo was ‘ghosting’ and, when booted, the screen was totally unreadable (multiple imaging).

No matter what I did, the same corrupted image appeared (albeit in 1080x1920) until I read about changing the BIOS from UEFI to UEFI (With CSM). When I did so, the Clover GUI downgraded to 1024x768 from 1080p and on boot everything is at 1024x768. Note that the corrupted image did NOT stop the laptop from functioning. I was able to connect remotely to the laptop; the screen rendered at 1080p.

I believe I’ve attempted all manner of things:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/

I have the latest version of:

Lilu
Evergreen

Plus I’ve enabled the CSMVideo driver to no effect; now disabled.

The laptop is now in a functioning state but in 1024x768 only. With the ‘Faking’ of the dev to 13BF (from 13B0) and Injection of Nvidia, I can get the system report to show; see attached.

However, the desktop is still at 1024x768 and I cannot detect the GPU via Cuda-Z…even when the Nvidia Web Drivers show ‘Installed’ and enabled in the control panel.

Also note that the card is detected in the boot log. I’ve attempted to ‘Fake’ the Nvidia card ID too (currently in Clover)

I shouldn’t have to run the ‘CSM’ in the Bios and surely there would be a way of forcing a correct detection of this card (seeing Windows is functioning fine).

All other Kexts are loaded perfectly in the OS…just the GPU that seems to be an issue.

Any suggestions warmly appreciated. Do I need to inject or patch Clover in some way or potentially remove something from the original Rehabman setup? Will Evergreen Kext provide something? If so, how?

I note that there was a suggestion that a M4000M could be faked into the process and booted but I'm struggling.

What further logs / extracts would be required to find out what’s causing the issue here?

Many thanks all.

Mo
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks for the nudge Rehabman.

Believe the zip attached is all the output.

I could rerun if I boot non-CSM by connecting via ScreenShare / VNC if required.

Thanks Mo

Attachments

• 6267.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 62
Thanks for the nudge Rehabman.

Believe the zip attached is all the output.

I could rerun if I boot non-CSM by connecting via ScreenShare / VNC if required.

Thanks Mo

No ioreg there...

This is an attempt at using the Nvidia web drivers?
If so, you need to read up on config.plist/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb=true
There are a few desktop guides for Nvidia you should probably read... might help you configure for it.

Also, use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariable*.efi.

Thanks Rehabman

I’ll see if I can run again to extract the ioreg.

Also note your suggestions and will follow up.

I’ll reply soon.

Mo

No ioreg there...

This is an attempt at using the Nvidia web drivers?
If so, you need to read up on config.plist/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb=true
There are a few desktop guides for Nvidia you should probably read... might help you configure for it.

Also, use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariable*.efi.

Hi Rehabman et al.

I include two debug logs.

One from the boot with CSM enabled (which I can work on the laptop in 1024x768).

The other with CSM disabled (as it was with my K2000 and worked great). This shows a corrupted 1080p image but I can access remotely and run the debug script. Note that when I access remotely, whilst the screen is rendered in 1080p, there is heavy lag.

In the meantime, I'll take a look at those suggestions Rehabman.

Thanks

Mo

Attachments

• Original - Non CSM.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
  • CSM.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Hi Rehabman et al.

I include two debug logs.

One from the boot with CSM enabled (which I can work on the laptop in 1024x768).

The other with CSM disabled (as it was with my K2000 and worked great). This shows a corrupted 1080p image but I can access remotely and run the debug script. Note that when I access remotely, whilst the screen is rendered in 1080p, there is heavy lag.

In the meantime, I'll take a look at those suggestions Rehabman.

Thanks

Mo

Neither of those shows the Nvidia graphics drivers active.

Made changes to the EFI drivers as suggested. No changes noticed.

If I boot with CSM, Clover kicks into menu in 1024, if I boot with NO CSM (as with working K2000), menu shows at 1080p but then boots with a single Apple logo with multiple 'progress lines' in a ghosting effect then 1080p login menu with ghosting (but working, laggy system accessible remotely only).

Mo

Neither of those shows the Nvidia graphics drivers active.

Presume need to see if I can force an install correctly.

Benjamin Dobell's script says 387.10.10.10.40.105 is already installed. :-/

I'll try and do an uninstall & reinstall.

Mo

Just as an update, I've uninstalled the Nvidia web drivers from the Preferences Helper and reinstalled with Dobell's script (which ran perfectly and asked for a reboot).

The Nvidia driver is now showing as active in the prefs helper...however, still in 1024.

See attached for new debug.

Mo

Attachments

• debug_25454.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back