Contribute
Register

8460p Yosemite Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm booting EFI without a USB stick. How is that possible?

You probably installed Clover in a "legacy root" configuration, not UEFI+ESP.

RehabMan,

I updated my profile. If I have only the Radeon 6470m, will I be able to configure this laptop? I have reinstalled osx and clover and can now boot without any kernel panics. I had to manually mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI files from the thumb drive over. I used the files from the old guide. It worked well. For whatever reason, when I use the newer Clover OR the Probook Installer I end up having to boot in safe mode and then consequentially cannot mount the EFI partition. Now that it's working, I am attaching the EFI as you requested for you to review. I used the config.plist file for the 8x60p with AMD graphics.

I don't have sound working, the wifi chip is in the mail, and I still have color banding and all around lag because the graphics settings aren't right.

diskutil list
/dev/disk0
0 GUID_parittion_scheme 120GB disk0
1 EFI EFI 209.7MB disk0s1
2 Apple_HFS osx 119.2GB disk0s2
3 Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650MB disk0s3

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
RehabMan,

I updated my profile. If I have only the Radeon 6470m, will I be able to configure this laptop? I have reinstalled osx and clover and can now boot without any kernel panics. I had to manually mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI files from the thumb drive over. I used the files from the old guide. It worked well. For whatever reason, when I use the newer Clover OR the Probook Installer I end up having to boot in safe mode and then consequentially cannot mount the EFI partition. Now that it's working, I am attaching the EFI as you requested for you to review. I used the config.plist file for the 8x60p with AMD graphics.

I don't have sound working, the wifi chip is in the mail, and I still have color banding and all around lag because the graphics settings aren't right.

diskutil list
/dev/disk0
0 GUID_parittion_scheme 120GB disk0
1 EFI EFI 209.7MB disk0s1
2 Apple_HFS osx 119.2GB disk0s2
3 Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650MB disk0s3

You might look at this guide for clues as to what might need changing for Radeon only.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-elitebook-8x70p-with-amd-radeon-7570m-only.204562/

I'm coming up empty. I got lost on the connector patch.. it's a little over my head. Do you do for-pay work? Can I donate in exchange for you looking into this? Let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back