GA-Z87-HD3 (rev. 1.x)
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

First post. I've had a working Hackintosh tower rig setup for awhile now that I use in my recording studio. I'm using Yosemite and it's stable so I've left it alone. My mom passed last night and I inherited her 8460p. I'd like to set it up into a portable recording rig.

I've followed the directions to the T but I'm still unable to boot unless I use the -x flag. Then when I boot it seems that the system is recognizing my AMD Radeon 6470m but is not utilizing it. I'm seeing the weird lag and color bands at login that normally indicates the GPU isn't working. Additionally I have no sound. Will I be able to successfully convert this with the AMD component?

Lastly, no matter what method I use to mount the EFI after install (I know it's there after using diskutil list) I cannot mount it for the life of me. CloverConfig, Mounter, etc. I'm getting errors left and right so I can't even get in and edit my config.plist file. This is after multiple fresh installs, same issue every time.

Thanks ...

Let me know what I have to do.

Hi all,

First post. I've had a working Hackintosh tower rig setup for awhile now that I use in my recording studio. I'm using Yosemite and it's stable so I've left it alone. My mom passed last night and I inherited her 8460p. I'd like to set it up into a portable recording rig.

I've followed the directions to the T but I'm still unable to boot unless I use the -x flag. Then when I boot it seems that the system is recognizing my AMD Radeon 6470m but is not utilizing it. I'm seeing the weird lag and color bands at login that normally indicates the GPU isn't working. Additionally I have no sound. Will I be able to successfully convert this with the AMD component?

Lastly, no matter what method I use to mount the EFI after install (I know it's there after using diskutil list) I cannot mount it for the life of me. CloverConfig, Mounter, etc. I'm getting errors left and right so I can't even get in and edit my config.plist file. This is after multiple fresh installs, same issue every time.

Thanks ...

Let me know what I have to do.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks, will do as soon as I get home. I see the guide said that this only works with switchable AMD graphics, or more specifically that it will not work if the notebook does not have onboard Intel graphics. I cannot find any Intel graphics under device manager in windows. All I see is "AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series", although this has to be incorrect because I don't believe my notebook came with that card. Maybe it is all incorrect. Knowing this, and knowing I am able to boot into OS X, do you think I'll be able to get it working? I'll post what you asked for momentarily.

Thanks, will do as soon as I get home. I see the guide said that this only works with switchable AMD graphics, or more specifically that it will not work if the notebook does not have onboard Intel graphics. I cannot find any Intel graphics under device manager in windows. All I see is "AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series", although this has to be incorrect because I don't believe my notebook came with that card. Maybe it is all incorrect. Knowing this, and knowing I am able to boot into OS X, do you think I'll be able to get it working? I'll post what you asked for momentarily.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal.

I am completely unable to mount EFI partition no matter what I try. I have used Mounter, Clover Config, and tried it manually. It won't let me access it. The rest is attached. I had no way of copying the lpsci info but my graphics card was listed as the 6400/7400m series.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    493 KB · Views: 230
I am completely unable to mount EFI partition no matter what I try.

Your profile is inaccurate. It indicates Nvidia graphics... but this ioreg shows AMD. There is no sign of Intel HD.

/dev/disk0
0 GUID_partition_scheme 120GB disk0
1 Apple_HFS 209.6MB disk0s1
2 Apple_HFS OSX 119.2GB disk0s2
3 Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650MB disk0s3

I am creating another USB in case that was the issue right now and will be able to follow your directions to a T. I chose the HD3000 900x1600 this time instead of the AMD config I previously used. Copying installer files to disk as we speak.

No matter what I do I cannot mount that EFI partition.

/dev/disk0
0 GUID_partition_scheme 120GB disk0
1 Apple_HFS 209.6MB disk0s1
2 Apple_HFS OSX 119.2GB disk0s2
3 Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650MB disk0s3

I am creating another USB in case that was the issue right now and will be able to follow your directions to a T. I chose the HD3000 900x1600 this time instead of the AMD config I previously used. Copying installer files to disk as we speak.

No matter what I do I cannot mount that EFI partition.

You partitioned your disk incorrectly. It has no EFI partition.

so the issue after a reinstall is that I was able to access the EFI partition fine until I ran the old HP Probook Installer. I figured since I'm running an older OS I should still be able to use the old software. After running it I have to start in safe mode and I cannot mount the EFI partition for whatever reason in safe mode, even though it is still there. When I run the kext wizard in safe mode I can mount the EFI partition, but it looks empty. =O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back