Contribute
Register

8400GS Success! And some things I learned about Device IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zenrocker said:
Hey Husky! I'm having a serious issue with this graphic card with no success whatever I do... I've been re-installing circa 25 times in more than a week and no success even if I follow the instruction gathered in your topic.
Can you tell me your procedure to install snow leopard? (efi, or iBoot, with multibeast...) ??
Thanx a lot to all of you for the infos!

My motherboard is different. Mine is GA-G41M-ES2L f3
I used IBoot with retail 10.6 Snow Leopard. (make sure you partition GUID and such as the guide says) Bamn done. I lost sound and added AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (might not work for you, but did for me) with kext helper. Do updates to 10.6.7 ( i lost video acceleration--crashes on safari, and ichat and couldn't open videos) after updates) Install Multi Beast. Then I used a DSDT patcher to get my bluetooth to work properly. Once that is done, then follow the guide for the video card. Remember not every video card is the same.....(device id may differ for yours. Mine was different than Husky's). Try that Should work.

I am an extreme noobie, this is my first post, and I just got my Hackintosh, Im about to update to 10.6.7, Im currently on 10.6.3. I bought a video card:
EVGA 8400 GS 1gb Nvidia Geforce,
Right now I have another Nvidia Card 256mb installed which registers as the following on my Hackintosh:
[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

When I install the EVGA 1gb card, my system goes into a boot cycle, I entered into safe mode, and added Nvidia enabler kext, but it didnt do anything, please someone help me, And if possible please be detailed I dont know how to do much but what I have already described.

Oh, my specs are on the left by my name and all...

Thank you

TheRealPae said:
I am an extreme noobie, this is my first post, and I just got my Hackintosh, Im about to update to 10.6.7, Im currently on 10.6.3. I bought a video card:
EVGA 8400 GS 1gb Nvidia Geforce,
Right now I have another Nvidia Card 256mb installed which registers as the following on my Hackintosh:
[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

When I install the EVGA 1gb card, my system goes into a boot cycle, I entered into safe mode, and added Nvidia enabler kext, but it didnt do anything, please someone help me, And if possible please be detailed I dont know how to do much but what I have already described.

Oh, my specs are on the left by my name and all...

Thank you

Need more specifics.Did you use multi beast and repair extensions. Does the 256 mb card work fine and just shows unknown device card (or is it crashing and not allowing full graphics accelaration).----and are you are just trying to fix the 1 gb card. Did you follow the guide on how to do the 8400gs card.

I'm trying to get my 8400GS to work too, but when I go to edit info.plist, it says I don't have permission and to get it I have to edit permissions in Finder, Get Info, etc. Well I did that and enabled permissions, but when I edit info.plist and go to save it, it still says the document cannot be saved. What's going on here?

Great now it looks like I have bigger problems, the thing won't even boot up without the iboot disk now.

Edit: Actually now it won't even bot up with the iboot disk. I've been working on this thing for weeks and it's so frustrating.

In Chimera 1.4.1 there are more ids for 8400gs. Try it first.
To edit com.Apple.Boot.plist copy on desktop, edit, save, than drop to /Extra. It will ask admin password.

ryangschultz said:
I'm trying to get my 8400GS to work too, but when I go to edit info.plist, it says I don't have permission and to get it I have to edit permissions in Finder, Get Info, etc. Well I did that and enabled permissions, but when I edit info.plist and go to save it, it still says the document cannot be saved. What's going on here?

Great now it looks like I have bigger problems, the thing won't even boot up without the iboot disk now.

Edit: Actually now it won't even bot up with the iboot disk. I've been working on this thing for weeks and it's so frustrating.

Try editing the permissions before you do any editing on the info.plist. that way no error pops up. I left all my windows up and open (when i enabled permissions) then I edited what i needed editing.

Try booting into safe mode if you can to see if you can repair and reinstall multibeast. What board do you have? To be honest, I have two different builds, same motherboard different revisions (GA-G41M-ES2L) One is F3 1.0 rev and other is F9 1.4 rev.----worked a little better than other one. One with the asus 8400gs and one with a gigabyte gt240 512 . The gt240 worked great with minimal effort vs the 8400 which required some editing. And the gt240 was only 20 dollars more. If i were to do over I would have done from beginning with better and easier (less problematic) video card. Hope that helps.

I always have used NVInject.kext to utilize my old 8600GT. Now I use PCIRootUID=1 just once to make it work on 10.6.7 in 64bit. GraphicsEnabler = Yes

I've done all of this pretty much, and My gigabyte card 8400GS 0x10c3 is working ok now on 1 output, but will not register dual displays, has anyone fixed this?

bojzi said:
LOL, that's funny, I've just got my 8400GS to work 2 days ago and, wouldn't you know it, it's a 0x10de10c3 also.
The funny part is that my 8400GS is a Gygabite 8400GS with 512MB DDR3 RAM and VGA/DVI/HDMI.

For me, to get it working, I had to enter my id into the GeForce, NVDANV50 and NVDResman kexts, install NVEnabler and have GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.
Now that it's working, I'm worried about removing NVEnabler to see if it'll work with only my modified kexts and GraphicsEnabler. :)

EDIT:
Nope, doesn't work without NVEnabler... I've even got the PCIRootUID in com.apple.boot.plist, but no dice.

EDIT2:
Just to clarify, I've got a dual screen set-up with one screen on VGA and the other one on HDMI. Unfortunately, when I use DVI and HDMI, I get picture on only one monitor so I have to have at least one of them on VGA. :|

hi mate I have the exact same card as you, can you just explain where I need to write my ID in Geforce and NVDResman please? The DANV50 is quite obvious so im ok there but the other 2 . wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back