Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all -
I'd installed 10.6.3 and then did the combo update to 10.6.7 and had all working except the graphics display and acceleration. I have Galaxy 84GFE6DC2EMM GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2 PCIe x16 card from Microcenter. It's a newer version of the card and required the device ID to be added to the older kexts from what I understand (I was not able to get that method to work) to get graphicsenabler=yes to work.

Since I was unable to edit the kext with the device id, I had read that Chimera was updated to handle these new device id cards. I replaced my old boot loader in hopes this would work but now am getting a appleintelcpupowermanagement timed out kernel panic.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? Thanks!

ifrit05 said:
Hmmm, I have a Galaxy GeForce 8400GS 256 and no KP. What's the backtrace on the Panic?

Sorry, what do you mean by backtrace? Would you like the screenshot of the -v and KP? If so, I can get that tonight.

I'm Ok with Chimera on nVidia 8400 GS :)

Ended up starting over with fresh 10.6.3 install and then multi-beast and 10.6.7 combo updates. Everything is now working great! :headbang:

Kernel panic iBoot (Default Universal Boot)

Dell OptiPlex 760
E8400 Intel? CoreTM2 Duo 6M, 3000 MHz, 1333 FSB
GeForce 8400GS 512 MB PCIe

sorry, I wrote the wrong forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back