Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Wondering if anyone can help me out with mine. Details below;

System - ASUS P8z77 v-LK (BIOS flashed back to 0904), i7 3770k, Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870.
Hackintosh created using a real mac, and a Unibeast USB with 10.8.4 loaded
No DSDT used as I don't think my MB requires one
Manually configured Multibeast drivers that I needed.

The WiFi worked right from the start which I was surprised about as its a 3rd party card I purchased. I'm really not fussed about whether I can get this to boot from the HDD I installed ML on, I'm happy to leave the USB in there to boot from (this will be a dual boot computer anyways so I prefer having the option), and I don't care about the onboard audio as I have an external soundcard. I just need to get the video card to be recognized. I have tried installing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext using kextbeast but my card still isn't recognized.

I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of to get this working, including all the troubleshooting i can find on this site. My problem is that when I boot I have to boot with the -x flag otherwise the apple logo appears with the with clock just going round. I have tried booting with -v flag and the boot seems to hang on the screenshot below, I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried the graphicsenabler=no and PCIRootUID=0 setting

When booting with -x the system boots with no issues (display output connected via PCIe card), displays 1920*1080 resolution, I can log in and the system works fine, except the video memory only shows 7Mb VRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas, let me know if I need to provide more infos
:)

THanks
IMAG0292.jpg

Any ideas on this guys, I'm a n00b to this whole hackintosh thing and don't want to give up just yet?

Asus HD7870 P8Z77-LK. Unable to ge graphics working correctly

Nobody able to help on this? :(

Can someone please please please help me with this, I'm tearing my hair out..... I just cannot get my Hack to boot unless I use GraphicsEnabler=No and -x. I have tried all combinations possible and just don't know what to do. I'm on the edge of just giving up :(

Try a nvidia card. Still no reliable support for AMD7000.

Wondering if anyone can help me out with mine. Details below;

System - ASUS P8z77 v-LK (BIOS flashed back to 0904), i7 3770k, Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870.
Hackintosh created using a real mac, and a Unibeast USB with 10.8.4 loaded
No DSDT used as I don't think my MB requires one
Manually configured Multibeast drivers that I needed.

The WiFi worked right from the start which I was surprised about as its a 3rd party card I purchased. I'm really not fussed about whether I can get this to boot from the HDD I installed ML on, I'm happy to leave the USB in there to boot from (this will be a dual boot computer anyways so I prefer having the option), and I don't care about the onboard audio as I have an external soundcard. I just need to get the video card to be recognized. I have tried installing AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI7000Controller.kext using kextbeast but my card still isn't recognized.

I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of to get this working, including all the troubleshooting i can find on this site. My problem is that when I boot I have to boot with the -x flag otherwise the apple logo appears with the with clock just going round. I have tried booting with -v flag and the boot seems to hang on the screenshot below, I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried the graphicsenabler=no and PCIRootUID=0 setting

When booting with -x the system boots with no issues (display output connected via PCIe card), displays 1920*1080 resolution, I can log in and the system works fine, except the video memory only shows 7Mb VRAM.

Does anyone have any ideas, let me know if I need to provide more infos
:)

THanks
View attachment 62991

Remove fakesmc plugins. Unsupported hardware for them as well as a known issue with 10.8.2 and up. Try booting in -s on your drive. If you cant get through, burn rBoot and boot from that with the '-s' flag. Once you get the prompt, do the following:

Code:
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mv /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins.bak
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
touch /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

Now you can boot from your hard drive, I suggest booting with -f flag at first because we removed kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back