Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
I ran into an interesting (and frustrating) problem running Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) on my Yosemite Hackintosh with a 780Ti. FCPX won't access or utilize the video card AT ALL in the video previews and this causes major stuttering on playback. I know this is the case because HWMonitor reports the card at 324 Mhz when FCPX is running, however, I ran a heaven GPU benchmark and also downloaded the trial of Adobe Premiere (another video editing software) and both ramp the GPU up into the Ghz range in HWMonitor during use.

Some background: I have an i5-3570k OC'd to 4.4 ghz, 16 gb of ram, and a 780Ti. In order to get the 780Ti to work, I installed the Nvidia Web drivers. The Hack is extremely stable, but the reason I built it is for FCPX. Now after sinking $300 into Final Cut, I am feeling sick about it all. Hoping someone out there knows some way to make FCPX trigger the video card or possibly some way to get the vanilla Yosemite graphics drivers working with a 780Ti. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

To make matters worse, iMovie uses the GPU perfectly...

I ran into an interesting (and frustrating) problem running Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) on my Yosemite Hackintosh with a 780Ti. FCPX won't access or utilize the video card AT ALL in the video previews and this causes major stuttering on playback.

Some background: I have an i5-3570k OC'd to 4.4 ghz, 16 gb of ram, and a 780Ti. In order to get the 780Ti to work, I installed the Nvidia Web drivers.
Did you also install the CUDA drivers for the card?

I did. I tried it with and without the CUDA drivers. I OC'd the i3570k to 4.6 Ghz and the stuttering disappeared, but I think it's running completely off of the CPU at this point.

4K video really taxes a system.

I can remember reading or seeing a while back that Adobe CC products maintained their own list of supported hardware.

I have no idea if final cut is doing likewise, but there is a list of supported hardware here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202239 - Maybe you need to hack a .plist somewhere and add your video card

Martin

Any News ?
Final Cut Pro X requires the viewer Screen to be plugged in the 780ti, not the intel iGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back