Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to follow this guide with my Twin Frozr III 6950 and can't get to the boot screen:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=42136&start=60

I've tried -v -x PCIRootUDI=1 and I still get the same blank white screen. Any other ideas? I can't even install the kexts at this point since I can't boot unless I use my 5770.

Can I install the packages with my 5770 in and then reboot with my 6950. I don't know if this is a problem because it's a non reference card or because it's unlocked to a 6970.

Her is what I've done so far:

I've followed this guide with no avail: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=42136&start=70

Updated to the latest Chimera

Then I installed this native package: http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index. ... 67078&st=0

I did all of the instillation on my 5770 and now I cannot boot using any combination of boot commands, hard/soft boots or using my 6970. I've installed Paragon HFS on my windows HDD, that is my only hope of making changes so can someone please tell em what I can do.

6970 is NOT supported. Nuff said. Stop beating a dead horse.

jester969 said:
6970 is NOT supported. Nuff said. Stop beating a dead horse.
Well I formatted my HDD and am re-installing snow leopard and then updating to Lion and using this guide:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/How%20 ... orking.pdf

I will post my findings, I have optimism. Also that isn't a very positive attitude, as a community we should be looking for solutions to problems and posting our results to help each other out.

I still don't see many success stories with the 6970 and 100% support.

Maybe you will prove me wrong. :p

jester969 said:
I still don't see many success stories with the 6970 and 100% support.

Maybe you will prove me wrong. :p
I'm not expecting 100% support, I just want to be able to boot into it at this point without removing cards. Then when Mountain Lion comes along, everything should go much better.

How do you know support will come for 67xx in the final build? :p

jester969 said:
How do you know support will come for 67xx in the final build? :p
I don't, there are just rumors of the 6970 being working in Mountain Lion. Once again, I'm optimistic.

viewtopic.php?t=51021

I followed said guide and upon hard boot I get a white screen, soft boot I get a gray screen with cursor. I'm getting annoyed to say the least.

YES I GOT IT WORKING! I followed the steps in this guide: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=44590&start=10

Sykorajelly said:
So I found out how to install lion with a 6950. You need to go into System/Library/Extensions on the lion usb installer, then delete ATIRadeonX3000.kext, ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext. Installer boots with GraphicsEnabler=No and Lion boots without a command. Make sure you use Unibeast and if you have an i5 2500k... you need to set the multiplier to 29 to get to the installer. I would like to thank Jester969, TonyMacx86, MacMan and Apple for getting my system up and running. :clap:

My resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and I can't watch YouTube but my mouse is perfectly fine in iTunes. What can I do to get my resolution to natice 1920X1080 or connect a second monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back