i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everybody,

I recently got my rig running with OS X (after I changed my Maximus IV Gene-Z to a GA-Z68X-UD3H and my 6950 2GB @ 6970 BIOS to a 6870) vanilla by using xcopy, thanks for this great tool btw. But I find the 6870 too weak for my purposes.

So…. since the 6950/6970 isn't natively supported atm and I do want to have some great graphics power in the back, what about the 6870 X2? Comes really close to the 580 GTX, but is way cheaper. Are there any experiences about this card and does it work out of the box? Although I'd do some modification to OS X if needed, when the card is fully working then.

So far,
fntk

FNTK said:
Hey everybody,

I recently got my rig running with OS X (after I changed my Maximus IV Gene-Z to a GA-Z68X-UD3H and my 6950 2GB @ 6970 BIOS to a 6870) vanilla by using xcopy, thanks for this great tool btw. But I find the 6870 too weak for my purposes.

So…. since the 6950/6970 isn't natively supported atm and I do want to have some great graphics power in the back, what about the 6870 X2? Comes really close to the 580 GTX, but is way cheaper. Are there any experiences about this card and does it work out of the box? Although I'd do some modification to OS X if needed, when the card is fully working then.

So far,
fntk

No experience with it.

Tested. Does not work as intended. OS X recognizes the 6870 X2 as 2 single GPUs.

so you have 2 6870's in your hackintosh running at least 10.7 and it supports 2 of them natively ???

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with this yet?

You can pretty easily get two of them running in your Hackintosh at the same time. The problem comes when you expect Crossfire to kick in. OS X hasn't got the sort of drivers necessary to utilize Crossfire. Having said that, you can have the Crossfire bridge connected and utilize the benefits of Crossfire in Windows, if you dual-boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back