Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Have lion 10.7.2 booted from the USB stick that can be made using this forum, works a charm!
But once everything has been done (following Toosixtys guide) i load it up and both screen come on through bios and the apple loading screen, as it goes off in to mac home screen the TV report no signal and nothing happens from there. If you go in to preferences it still recognizes the HDTV is still there and you can still play around with the resolution, but the TV never comes back on, Always says no signal.
so i restart with the command GraphicsEnabler=No and its boot up all fine and my TV works throughout which is great. So i try to load up a DVD and the DVD player application does not load it reports an error.
so when loading up in normal mood (where the GraphicsEnabler=Yes would be running) the DVD player application does work. just i cant have the television on and i want that working!
Is there anything i can do?
Running the sapphire radeon hd6870
Thanks in advance for your replies!

Re: HDMI not working properly help?

Sounds like you have graphics enabler set to no. Change it to yes in the boot.ini in /Extras

take it you didnt read it properly. it is set to yes, and when it is set to yes, the tv doesnt work, and when i set it to to graphicsenabler=no the tv does work, just now the dvd player application doesnt work in graphicsenabler=no, but the dvd player does work in graphicsenabler=yes! but remeber no tv! boot list is as follows

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 pnVersion=23</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

so many people have these graphics cards in there hackintosh's aint there anyone who has had the problem or the way around the problem, or what could be the cause

philipatkins said:
take it you didnt read it properly. it is set to yes, and when it is set to yes, the tv doesnt work, and when i set it to to graphicsenabler=no the tv does work, just now the dvd player application doesnt work in graphicsenabler=no, but the dvd player does work in graphicsenabler=yes! but remeber no tv! boot list is as follows

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 pnVersion=23</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have the same graphic card with you, and it works fine in my tv using HDMI port. Here is my boot.plist:

<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

If you're running Lion u don't need kernel flags arch=x86_64, Lion by default will run 64 bit kernel. Hope it helps :)

see i dont have a custom DSDT made at all. i wonder if this is its downfall if anything, but i changed soemthing and crashed it lol. so what i will do is i will do another complete install adn give it a whirl. thank you for your reply, and if it doesnt work i will have to pick apart your system to see if there are other changes to be made. such as what did you install in multibeast?

philipatkins said:
see i dont have a custom DSDT made at all. i wonder if this is its downfall if anything, but i changed soemthing and crashed it lol. so what i will do is i will do another complete install adn give it a whirl. thank you for your reply, and if it doesnt work i will have to pick apart your system to see if there are other changes to be made. such as what did you install in multibeast?

The sapphire 6870 works OOB, it's natively supported in Lion. I don't think it matters if ur using easy beast or custom dsdt. I forgot to ask your first post, are you connecting to one monitor? or you have more than one monitor connected, 'cause that's a different story. :)

One connected to the monitor and one connected to the tv via hdmi?

Why whats difference? if i stick graphics enabler no the tv and monitor both work but the DVD player application does not! :( its annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back