Contribute
Register

6850 - second DVI port is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fishcow,

I was using a patched ati6000 for my hdmi port for 10.8.2. Can you patch the 10.8.3 for hdmi? I tried the one you have here but it doesn't work for my hdmi port (3rd monitor) thanks in advance if you can do it!

Hi Fishcow,

I was using a patched ati6000 for my hdmi port for 10.8.2. Can you patch the 10.8.3 for hdmi? I tried the one you have here but it doesn't work for my hdmi port (3rd monitor) thanks in advance if you can do it!

Im sorry I can't help you out right now as my Mobo died a horrible burning smelly death!
In any case, the kext is patched for all ports and I can't do any further patching I'm afraid.
Before my Mobo died, I found out I could still get both my DVI ports working with GraphisEnabler disabled in chimera.

You could try booting with GraphicsEnabler off and see if that brings HDMI back. Or use GraphicsEnabler and make sure you have the other flags for ATI enabled.
AtiConfig=Gibba and AtiPorts=5

sorry I can't be of more help right now. Life sux without my hack :oops:
regards
Fish

Thanks! Will give it a try. On 10.8.2, I used duckweed with 4ports. If I used 5 ports, one monitor would go off and on. Also, before using a patched kext, I was able to get 3 monitors using kudzu but the card ID was 6xxx. Anyway, I'll give Gibba a try. Thanks again!!

Thanks! Will give it a try. On 10.8.2, I used duckweed with 4ports. If I used 5 ports, one monitor would go off and on. Also, before using a patched kext, I was able to get 3 monitors using kudzu but the card ID was 6xxx. Anyway, I'll give Gibba a try. Thanks again!!

The Kext I uploaded here only has edits to the Gibba personality because my card has 5 ports.
when I get access to a computer, I could try editing Duckweed, or you could follow the link to a tutorial earlier on in this thread and try editing for yourself.
AFAIK, duckweed is default personality used when not using any graphic enabler and also the default when using graphic enabler without any AtiConf flags.
Goog luck
Fish

Just wanna send a big thanks to you again, fishcow. You are the best!

The Kext I uploaded here only has edits to the Gibba personality because my card has 5 ports.
when I get access to a computer, I could try editing Duckweed, or you could follow the link to a tutorial earlier on in this thread and try editing for yourself.
AFAIK, duckweed is default personality used when not using any graphic enabler and also the default when using graphic enabler without any AtiConf flags.
Goog luck
Fish

Thanks Fishcow but I'm not the savy to do a kext edit. I'll wait and hope someone will share it. The last one I used for 10.8.2 (from Bruno21) worked well. What I did in the meantime to get my HDMI working (3 monitors) is change from duckweed to kudzu. I was using this framebuffer before I used the patch for 10.8.2 to get my 3 monitors working and it now works as well. The only thing is my 6870 shows as 6xxx.

AMD Radeon 6850 1GB

Device ID 0x6739
Vendor ID 0x1002

Monitor connected to the upper link DVI port VGA-DVI

Mountain Lion 10.8.3

I have a problem, none kext is not working properly.
Or have a 5mb memory card or artifacts appear and the picture is not Liquid.
Needs which could those willing to help me and patch kext for my card or given a concrete answer as to deal with it.

I tried different options Gibb, duckweed and other

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my poor english

Hails are in order for Fishcow ... again :) Thanks for all your hard work mate, stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back