Graphics
Asus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Followed the guides perfectly, install goes well until the very end. It's been sitting on "Setting Up Your Mac.." for a solid 15 minutes thus far after it quickly runs through the final checks. It's not frozen, I can still move the mouse and use the keyboard. I am getting intermittent HD activity, but nothing like the install.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be because my battery is bad (I just run off of AC for now)?

Followed the guides perfectly, install goes well until the very end. It's been sitting on "Setting Up Your Mac.." for a solid 15 minutes thus far after it quickly runs through the final checks. It's not frozen, I can still move the mouse and use the keyboard. I am getting intermittent HD activity, but nothing like the install.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be because my battery is bad (I just run of AC for now)?

Which guide are you following? What step are you on?

Your guide labeled "Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook"
Im between step 12 and 13. Stuck at "Setting up your Mac"

Probably a corrupt OS X installer... Where did you download Mavericks, which version, and how did you create your USB installer?

Downloaded it directly from the app store on my macbook pro, not sure what version...its just whatever you get when you download Mavericks from the app store (which I did this morning). Created the installer also following your guide.
Should I make a new unibeast drive?

Downloaded it directly from the app store on my macbook pro, not sure what version...its just whatever you get when you download Mavericks from the app store (which I did this morning). Created the installer also following your guide.
Should I make a new unibeast drive?

Try a different USB stick.

Same problem. Completely different drive/brand. Could it have anything to do with my dead battery?

Unlikely. You could always do the install without the battery installed.

What are your full hardware details?

6560b stops at "Setting Up Your Mac..."

HP Probook 6560b (noticed the title said 6460b, changed that)
i5-2520m
HD3000 Graphics (im assuming since there is no option to disable anything video related in the BIOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back