Contribute
Register

64 bit kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep is the only thing I haven't got to work but I haven't really tried. If you get sleep working on your board please post back so we will know how you did it.

Hey everyone, I could use some help trying to get this board to boot up right in 64-bit mode. Here's what I have:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Every time I try to set it to 64 bit, I get the endless gray bootup screen.

I need 64-bit kernel because Adobe won't support GPU enhanced graphics without it.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, got it working with the PCIBus thing and by changing the HPET settings. Now to figure out a wifi card that will work in 64-bit...

Hey everyone,

I just replaced an MSI P6N with the P45T-ES3G

I have only been successful so far with my Lattitude D830 with OSX

I tried using iBoot and didnt seem to have luck booting properly, I just got stuck in a loop.

I was able to get my machine to boot with Nawcoms bootcd, I can install my Retail DVD SL. I then ran my updates to 10.6.8 and am new to multibeast. I used 3.9 with the settings you had listed.

I then rebooted the system and then keep getting a panic with the PCI configuration.

I am running an 8800GTX with this setup.

I was trying to get a Unibeast setup with Lion but didnt really have luck getting that created.

I saw this topic here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28892&start=0 thinking this may be my fix, I was just wondering if there was anything special in the BIOS you guys needed besides basic AHCI?

Thanks for any help.

I will be happy with SL and happy if it is running stable.

Mike

majinpowers said:
I recorded the process and will try to have a video guide up by this weekend but if you need any help before that just shoot me a PM and I will help you any way I can.

The board works great I have it running Lion 10.7.1 with no issues at all other than sleep not working.

Hey majinpowers,

I have the same MOBO as you, was wondering if you could help me get things up and running with Lion, please? Or someone?

Thanks,

4GadgetMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back