4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
(great forums and great community here)

I want to build a 6 screen hackintosh and wanted to know which graphics cards can work in SLI mode or at the very least run , so that I can run 2 video cards and then plug in 3 screens into each card. (SLI isn't important , but running 6 screens is).

Im looking at the Customac Pro and would look at the recommended GeForce GTX 760 (x2).

Can you let me know if the build and the Mavericks install will handle 2 video cards?

Can I run it in SLI mode (not essential - but curious if mavericks is SLi aware)?

Can I get 6 screens (6 @ FHD - 1920 x 1080) running in this setup?

Any 7-series nvidia GPU will work in sli, excluding the 750/TI. Mavericks is compatible with SLI, as far as I know.

Hi Guys...
well I must say its been quite a journey. If you follow the steps on TonyMacx86 and follow the compost build to the letter, you will have almost no problems.

I have had an almost 99.99% flawless build (touch wood!!).

I have managed to get the hackintosh buit with dual GTX 670 - running in SLI and I can get up to 6 screens connected. Once I got the right multibeast put in, it has been incredibly stable and the PC is incredibly quiet. Less than 20 decibels. an average room is around 26 dB.

I even get all the screens appearing correctly. Very Happy!!! :ugeek:

the screenshot shows 4 screens but I can do 6 screens.

hackbuild-6screens.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back