Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hello, I'm kind of new and started reading you few weeks ago.
I haven't much knowledge to run a Hackintosh except what I have read from you.

The idea would be to make a Stable, 100% success hackintosh, to use it for work at 5k (this condition is a must).
I would like you to help me double check and get a better understanding before buying all those expansive components.

Motherboards : Asus Rogues Maximus XI code (Would prefer a cheap other option if possible). What is the benefit of getting a motherboard with WIFI included as you still must have to buy a WIFI card ?

GPU :Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT 8GB

CPU : Intel-9900K

CPU cooler : Corsair H60

SSD : Samsung 970 PRO 1TB

SSD2 : Was thinking about adding a second one for windows like a Sabrent SSD interne Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 de 1TB. Don't know if I'll boot separately or be using Bootcamp that's why need to check this.

RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB). Would like to Use maybe others one like Corsair Vengeance - 3200 but don't know if those are compatible.

Power Supply : Corsair RM 650x Watt

Wifi card : TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900

Case : Corsair Carbide 500R

Monitor : IYAMA XB2779QQS-S1 - Screen 27" 5K

Thank you for reading me and for your help.

Hello, I'm kind of new and started reading you few weeks ago.
I haven't much knowledge to run a Hackintosh except what I have read from you.

The idea would be to make a Stable, 100% success hackintosh, to use it for work at 5k (this condition is a must).
I would like you to help me double check and get a better understanding before buying all those expansive components.

Motherboards : Asus Rogues Maximus XI code (Would prefer a cheap other option if possible). What is the benefit of getting a motherboard with WIFI included as you still must have to buy a WIFI card ?

GPU :Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT 8GB

CPU : Intel-9900K

CPU cooler : Corsair H60

SSD : Samsung 970 PRO 1TB

SSD2 : Was thinking about adding a second one for windows like a Sabrent SSD interne Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 de 1TB. Don't know if I'll boot separately or be using Bootcamp that's why need to check this.

RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB). Would like to Use maybe others one like Corsair Vengeance - 3200 but don't know if those are compatible.

Power Supply : Corsair RM 650x Watt

Wifi card : TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900

Case : Corsair Carbide 500R

Monitor : IYAMA XB2779QQS-S1 - Screen 27" 5K

Thank you for reading me and for your help.

Boot Camp is supposed to be used on real Macs to run Windows. It is not needed and not recommended for normal PCs. Just use 2 separate SSDs for MacOS and Windows.

MacOS is not compatible with the built-in WiFi of the motherboards and so it may be in your interest to get one without built-in WiFi to save some money.

Do you need Thunderbolt 3? If so you may want to consider the Gigabyte Z390 Designare instead of the Asus board.

Gigabyte Z390 Designare

Thank you for answering me !
Thats seem the best choice !

What about the Ram ? How much Clock speed does Hackintosh support ? Does it only support Crucial RAM ?

Haven't seem anyone with that monitor but doesnt seem to be a problem as long as it has a DP port to perform 5K right ?

Thank you very much, you are awesome !

Thank you for answering me ! That seems the best choice !

What about the Ram ? How much Clock speed does Hackintosh support ? Does it only support Crucial RAM ?

Haven't seem anyone with that monitor but doesn't seem to be a problem as long as it has a DP port to perform 5K right ?

Thank you very much, you are awesome !

I use Kingston DDR4-2666 (4 sticks of 16 GB for a total of 64 GB) on my system and it works fine. As long as the RAM works with the motherboard it should work with MacOS.

Not sure about the monitor but I would agree that as long as it has a DisplayPort port it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back