Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed this guide exactly, I was stucked at some Airport Utility which was gone after disabling bluetooth and wifi from bios, but then got stuck to Pci Configuration begin. Any hints ?

Attachments

• DSC02273.JPG
    DSC02273.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC02274.JPG
    DSC02274.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 124
Followed this guide exactly, I was stucked at some Airport Utility which was gone after disabling bluetooth and wifi from bios, but then got stuck to Pci Configuration begin. Any hints ?

Try booting with "npci=0x2000 -v -f -x" or "npci=0x3000 -v -f -x"

Try booting with "npci=0x2000 -v -f -x" or "npci=0x3000 -v -f -x"

RE-checked the kext and the patched kernel on my unibeast installer, now I am stuck at the "The system time in nanoseconds error"

... I start thinking that maybe is somehow related to the newest bios that was released few days ago.... maybe I should switch to an older bios or maybe I should re-start using other method.. I am really lost, I think I've tried everything..

Attachments

• DSC02279.JPG
    DSC02279.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 128
RE-checked the kext and the patched kernel on my unibeast installer, now I am stuck at the "The system time in nanoseconds error"

... I start thinking that maybe is somehow related to the newest bios that was released few days ago.... maybe I should switch to an older bios or maybe I should re-start using other method.. I am really lost, I think I've tried everything..

Have you copied the VoodooTSCSync.kext for 8 core CPUs to your Unibeast USB??

Also have a look onto the post#1 point number 12

Try to boot with addition of flag "dart=0 "

Have you copied the VoodooTSCSync.kext for 8 core CPUs to your Unibeast USB??

Also have a look onto the post#1 point number 12

Try to boot with addition of flag "dart=0 "

Hi!

Thank you for all your support!

Today I just had enough of this mad experiment and went to buy a Gigabyte X99 UD4 motherboard, since all of my previous builds (4-5 of them) were only made with Gigabyte and I had never had problems installing a hackie.

I have followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html)and everything went smoothly with my old 9600 GT with nv_disable=1 flag ( otherwise it loads a little bit, then the screens are becaming black. )

Anyway, in Yosemite, everything is moving reaally sloow, the graphics are very laggy.

Only a single problem encountered: asfter the installation on hdd, trying to erase the kernel from the HDD and also copy the kexts from the usb stick failed.

So I just put the hdd in my other hackie, patched the kernel, copyed the kexts, repaired the permission, put the hdd back in my new build and everything was ok.

I also tried to use a GTX 760 Graphics card that I have borrowed from a friend and the black bar is not loading up, only the apple logo appears with an empty bar underneath it. I have tried nv_disable=1 and also nvda_drv=1, none of them worked. ( only the apple logo appears, with an empty bar underneath it, then, after a minute or so, the screen are going black).

Anyway, that prooves that since I made from the very first trial that I was not that wrong as I thought...and, most important, that wasn't doing something that wrong...

Another difference was that I have made the bootable usb from my other hackie, on Yosemite. Until today, all my USB bootable sticks were made on my hackie laptop which has Mountain Lion installed on it.

So... at this point, I really believe it is the Asus x99 Deluxe's latest bios which causes problems. I will try to put an older bios on that one and will try again.

I also tried to use a GTX 760 Graphics card that I have borrowed from a friend and the black bar is not loading up, only the apple logo appears with an empty bar underneath it. I have tried nv_disable=1 and also nvda_drv=1, none of them worked. ( only the apple logo appears, with an empty bar underneath it, then, after a minute or so, the screen are going black).

GTX760 have native support. No need to use any flag for that.

So... at this point, I really believe it is the Asus x99 Deluxe's latest bios which causes problems. I will try to put an older bios on that one and will try again.

Oh please, let's get past the nonsense... You spent at least 3 weeks asking in every X99 thread here and other sites for a successful build/guide for the Asus board and a 5960. You received not one successful build link, yet you purchased the hardware anyway... You then spent another week or two whining 'bout your issues with your purchase decision... Had you paid attention to the replies you received, you would have purchased a 5930 or bought the Gigabyte board to start with. So please save us with your evaluation that it's a manufacturers problem...

Oh please, let's get past the nonsense... You spent at least 3 weeks asking in every X99 thread here and other sites for a successful build/guide for the Asus board and a 5960. You received not one successful build link, yet you purchased the hardware anyway... You then spent another week or two whining 'bout your issues with your purchase decision... Had you paid attention to the replies you received, you would have purchased a 5930 or bought the Gigabyte board to start with. So please save us with your evaluation that it's a manufacturers problem...

I kept getting stuck on PCI Configuration when attempting to boot the installer and the OS without safe mode. After a couple of weeks of trying different flags and methods, I finally stumbled upon adding

Code:
debug=0x14e

to the kernel flags. This fixed both my installer and my OS. This may only apply to people doing a fresh install with this hardware as apposed to an upgrade from Mavericks.

Then, you don't need kext rollback?? (appleacpiplatform & iopcifamily)

Hi!

Thank you for all your support!

Today I just had enough of this mad experiment and went to buy a Gigabyte X99 UD4 motherboard, since all of my previous builds (4-5 of them) were only made with Gigabyte and I had never had problems installing a hackie.

I have followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html)and everything went smoothly with my old 9600 GT with nv_disable=1 flag ( otherwise it loads a little bit, then the screens are becaming black. )

Anyway, in Yosemite, everything is moving reaally sloow, the graphics are very laggy.

Only a single problem encountered: asfter the installation on hdd, trying to erase the kernel from the HDD and also copy the kexts from the usb stick failed.

So I just put the hdd in my other hackie, patched the kernel, copyed the kexts, repaired the permission, put the hdd back in my new build and everything was ok.

Anyway, that prooves that since I made from the very first trial that I was not that wrong as I thought...and, most important, that wasn't doing something that wrong...

Another difference was that I have made the bootable usb from my other hackie, on Yosemite. Until today, all my USB bootable sticks were made on my hackie laptop which has Mountain Lion installed on it.

I have the same setup (GTX760, X99-Deluxe, 5960X) and have tried all and every suggestion that I have found in this thread and others. Also tried several times for Clover install and for the greater part all attempts end at being stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ]. Bios has been changed...disable this, disable that, various bootflags and after 2 and a half full days at this I am seeing defeat in front of me. I can only think at this point that 10.10.3 (the latest) is the problem.
Perhaps I wait for an updated Unibeast or Clover then will try again
or
any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back