Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
That step is about configuring imessage facetime etc with data extracted from a real Mac. To mount EFI partition simply use clover configurator, in Tools click Mounf EFI and obviously select your boot disk, then open EFI partition. But before you need to extract data from a real MAC to put them in SMBIOS of your hackintosh. Follow this guide, is nore simple:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

If you have an Asus X99 Deluxe /U3.1 with the last bios revision (3101) to have a working TB card you MUST put it in the second PCIE slot, the one marked PCIE4_1. It's the only slot where TB peripherals are recognized and if you see in bios settings, advanced-intel thunderbolt-you can see that it's required to work in that slot and not in the last as shown in TB card manual. I tried in it with my X99 Deluxe/U3.1 (at the end i changed my X99-E-WS with the deluxe series) it works ONLY there.
So check your bios version and if necessary update it to the last.

hello thenightflyer,

I've been following your posts and advice, as I think your setup and needs were similar to mine. Im creating a DAW, and made a huge mistake in assuming Clarett had drivers for Windows. They say they're "working on them", but I am an impatient person.

I bought an ASUS x99-E, i7 5820k, and the thunderbolt 2ex card, hoping to use my Clarett 2pre through thunderbolt. All of this stuff is still in the package, and I have ample time to return.

What I want to know is, is there a particular reason you abandoned your x99-e build, and if so, should I change motherboards while I have the chance? Im kind of in a pickle.

hello thenightflyer,

I've been following your posts and advice, as I think your setup and needs were similar to mine. Im creating a DAW, and made a huge mistake in assuming Clarett had drivers for Windows. They say they're "working on them", but I am an impatient person.

I bought an ASUS x99-E, i7 5820k, and the thunderbolt 2ex card, hoping to use my Clarett 2pre through thunderbolt. All of this stuff is still in the package, and I have ample time to return.

What I want to know is, is there a particular reason you abandoned your x99-e build, and if so, should I change motherboards while I have the chance? Im kind of in a pickle.
I changed my MB from X99-E-WS to a Deluxe U3.1 because there are less issues with DDR4 with this mainboard, and because there are many users testing X99 system with the deluxe version and lately with Rampage V version so i think we will have soon more compatibility and full speedstep support for X99

Hello fellow macbenders! Since this thread basically represent the only beacon of hope in the sea of despair called Asus x99-e WS and i7 5960x, I decided to post this question in here.

I have successfully followed this woderful guide (kudos again to rbbunmc) and have been running OS X Yosemite on my rig for awhile. However I would love to eventualy upgrade to an up-to-date version of OS X (or macOS). I'm starting to get constrained by the age of Yosemite. I wanted to install MacPorts and needed X-Code in order to do that. Which would be all well and good but the newest X-code only runs on the latest OS X. And I couldn't get the older version of X-Code since Apple's developers' portal is seriously... buggy (I keep running into infinite redirect loops). And small problems like theese keep piling up.

So I decided to ask if there is a chance of Asus x99-e WS + 5960x ever running something newer then Yosemite. To my understanding, El Capitan is out of the question but what about Sierra. Can I see any light at the end of that tunel?

Beacuse If there's really no hope, I'll probably finally join the Mole people and go for Arch Linux as my primary OS and try to run macOS in a VM. It would be shame though.

At the moment the last succesfully tested OSX version with this conf is El Capitan so you can try with it. About Sierra is still in development and there is no full support.

At the moment the last succesfully tested OSX version with this conf is El Capitan so you can try with it. About Sierra is still in development and there is no full support.

Wait a second. Does that mean that the dreaded Asus X99-E WS can run El Capitan with 5960x? Could have this developement passed over my head just like that?

Could someone give me any pointers to a guide? Thanks a lot.

Wait a second. Does that mean that the dreaded Asus X99-E WS can run El Capitan with 5960x? Could have this developement passed over my head just like that?

Could someone give me any pointers to a guide? Thanks a lot.
People that have Haswell-E and Broadwell-E running El Capitan 10.11.6 did not use this guide.
Due to site restrictions not sure if we can blatantly tell you. You will have to google it.
I'll give you a hint. It's on IM.

Cheers

People that have Haswell-E and Broadwell-E running El Capitan 10.11.6 did not use this guide.
Due to site restrictions not sure if we can blatantly tell you. You will have to google it.
I'll give you a hint. It's on IM.

Cheers
There are guides here. Check the User Builds and El Capitan Desktop Guides forum sections.

Thanks I am aware that there r other guides on the forum. However, I find them difficult and results are not as satisfactory. Thus, seeked other guides else where.

There are guides here. Check the User Builds and El Capitan Desktop Guides forum sections.

Thanks I am aware that there r other guides on the forum. However, I find them difficult and results are not as satisfactory. Thus, seeked other guides else where.
Then, I recommend you write a guide here as you've now have knowledge to share with others. :thumbup:

I would definitely like to share my experience with everyone on this site. But I am not knowledgable enough to come up with my own method. I am just simply following others' work to get my system running. Thus, I don't want to take any credit away from these intelligent and helpful hackers.

Nonetheless, I know there are policies and restrictions regarding cross referencing from other sites and/or methods. That's why I have been discrete about it. If it is allowed, I would certain like to post the method which I used here and give credits to the ones who dedicated their time and effort to expand the hackintosh community.

Don't mean to come across as someone trying to force my thoughts and opinions. But I feel that all hackintosh sites should allow cross referencing to make this community even bigger and easier for everyone to get a flawlessly working hackintosh.

Thank you for all ur time spent on making this site accessible for us MacOS users who either don't want to spend hard earned money on overly priced Apple computers. Or those who want systems that are bigger and better than what Apple has to offer hardware wise (X99/Z170).

Then, I recommend you write a guide here as you've now have knowledge to share with others. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back