Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoop! I've got it up and running and it seems stable. From a HD not SSD (Windows still on that).
No need for Thunderbolt, I have a massive case so I'll just install my externals internally, if you see what I mean!

Heartfelt thanks to you guys for making this so easy, especially for a newbie like me.

Now I'm really apprehensive though.
- I haven't enabled the 6.1 BIOS in case it breaks something. Is there any real advantage?
- I haven't enable TRIM as it gave me a big warning that it may corrupt my data and my SSD has all my Windows system on it, with all my apps etc. So way too risky...
- Should I totally avoid any system updates from the app store in case it breaks anything?

I really want to move all my day to day work over onto this beast so I can use Octane on my dual Titans but in a nice OS X environment, but I'm a bit concerned it might all fall apart next week... Gulp. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks folks.
Roger

ps. Another quick question: I'm finding the HD painfully slow. If I buy an SSD can I install my Yosemite setup by carbon copy cloner straight onto it from my current HD install, or do I have to go through the whole thing again? Many thanks
Enabling 6.1 bios definitions doesn't break your system...for someone it has advantages like more bench point, efficient powem management etc. but if your build works fien with 3.1 bios definitions so stay with them. Usually TRIM doesn't corrupt data, but i don't understand if you have both Win and OSX on the same HDD.
You can update your system but remember every time to reinstall audio/nvidia web drivers again.
If you upgrade your HD to SSD use CC to make a clone but remember to install clover in the clone disk to make it bootable.

Hi thenightflyer.

Just wondering if i have to change anything from what is in the installation PDF from rbbunmc, regarding the fact that i have a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Dual HDMI Graphics Card ?

Im about to start from scratch with an install for Asus X99 Deluxe U3.1 with 5960X and Asus ThunderboltEX II.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is definitely my first time, and i feel totally out of my league and isolated from anyone that is physically able to help.

Kind regards
Hi, i didn't change anything in the guide because it's already perfect! You can just read my post about how to enable speedstep on this build.
About your graphics card you will not have any issues. You need nvidia web drivers and follow the guide exactly from the beginning.

Hi thenightflyer.

Just wondering if i have to change anything from what is in the installation PDF from rbbunmc, regarding the fact that i have a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Dual HDMI Graphics Card ?

Im about to start from scratch with an install for Asus X99 Deluxe U3.1 with 5960X and Asus ThunderboltEX II.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is definitely my first time, and i feel totally out of my league and isolated from anyone that is physically able to help.

Kind regards
Hi, i didn't change anything in the guide because it's already perfect! You can just read my post about how to enable speedstep on this build.
About your graphics card you will not have any issues. You need nvidia web drivers and follow the guide exactly from the beginning.

No issues...if you have an unsupported nvidia gpu you should reinstall nvidia web drivers after the upgrade, and audio kexts.
Great news thanks. I have 2 x Titan X so should be good once drivers updated

Great news thanks. I have 2 x Titan X so should be good once drivers updated

Hmmm... So I installed 2016 003 and now I can't boot? I get as far as clover and changing the option to disable the graphics driver doesn't help... OS X Starts but after about 1mm of progress bar it reboots to clover again?

Tried going back a few steps (to section 7) and re-copying the patched kernel etc. but nothing is working. My lovely hackintosh has died!

Is there something I'm missing or do I have to start from scratch and do the whole install again, whcih would be a major pain having installed all my software onto the machine?? Gulp!

Thanks
R

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to force turbo in Xeon chips? My processor is running slowwwww. There has GOT to be a way to do this...

Hmmm... So I installed 2016 003 and now I can't boot? I get as far as clover and changing the option to disable the driver doesn't help... OS X Starts but after about 1mm of progress bar it reboots to clover again? Any ideas?

Thanks
R
You must overwrite patched kext from USB stick to S/L/E

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to force turbo in Xeon chips? My processor is running slowwwww. There has GOT to be a way to do this...
only a few users have a Xeon cpu and i think very few with an x99 system...the most stable fast cpu with x99 atm is 5960x but it limits to use Yosemite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back