Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have previously downloaded Yosemite it will be in the Purchased section of the App Store app.
If you have not previously downloaded Yosemite then you may only download the current version of OS X - El Capitan.
(or any other previously downloaded version).

thanks.

If you have previously downloaded Yosemite it will be in the Purchased section of the App Store app.
If you have not previously downloaded Yosemite then you may only download the current version of OS X - El Capitan.
(or any other previously downloaded version).

I signed in to check the "purchased" and yosemite is there but it says "downloaded" and I can't see a way to download it.

I signed in to check the "purchased" and yosemite is there but it says "downloaded" and I can't see a way to download it.
Try holding down the Option key and then click on the download button.

Try holding down the Option key and then click on the download button.

It just says "hide purchase"

I'm upgrading to Capitan because the previous OS Xs were available to download. So I'm thinking that when I move to Capitan then yosemite will be available.

Edit: Now it gives me the option to download but it never starts

Double Edit: Restarted the comp and now it's downloading. No idea what was holding it up.

Last edited:
Heyhey guys,

so finally I’ve my built but have serious issues and really need help. First of all my main components:

• ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1
• INTEL i7-5960x
• 64GB RAM
• ASUS GTX750X Ti
• ASUS Thunderbolt EXII Dual Card
• SAMSUNG SM950 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD (for boot)

I went through rbbunmc’s guide several times and was finally able to get into a more or less working Yosemite :thumbup:. I tried to install the System directly on the 950 Pro but with Unibeast (5.2) I wasnt even able to boot for Installation.

So i diceded to try the CCC way to make the NVMe as my boot partition. After I installed everything I put in the M.2 SSD and was able too boot into my system. I was also able to format the SSD but now after a short time after i boot into Yosemite the System freezes randomly :banghead: Any Ideas? I put the NVMeGeneric.kext into my EFI folder in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and also installed it with kextwizard like it says in rbbunmc’s guide “…Seriously just anything you do, follow with KextWizard …”
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi mirakulics,

I have exactly the same setup beside a gtx980 instead of your gtx750.
I also had the random freezes. I discovered that I had the freezes only with an admin session, not with a "invited" or "normal" session. Let me know if it works with a normal session.
Btw, everything works on my session beside the thunderbolt, I always have the "osxAptioFixDrv : allocate memory" error with the thunderbolt card. How did you make it work?

Heyhey guys,

so finally I’ve my built but have serious issues and really need help. First of all my main components:

• ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1
• INTEL i7-5960x
• 64GB RAM
• ASUS GTX750X Ti
• ASUS Thunderbolt EXII Dual Card
• SAMSUNG SM950 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD (for boot)

I went through rbbunmc’s guide several times and was finally able to get into a more or less working Yosemite :thumbup:. I tried to install the System directly on the 950 Pro but with Unibeast (5.2) I wasnt even able to boot for Installation.

So i diceded to try the CCC way to make the NVMe as my boot partition. After I installed everything I put in the M.2 SSD and was able too boot into my system. I was also able to format the SSD but now after a short time after i boot into Yosemite the System freezes randomly :banghead: Any Ideas? I put the NVMeGeneric.kext into my EFI folder in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and also installed it with kextwizard like it says in rbbunmc’s guide “…Seriously just anything you do, follow with KextWizard …”
Thanks for your help!

New update for Yosemite is available on the App store. It's a new security patch and a Safari update.
After the update the system will reboot before reaching the osx screen. Remember to copy (after the update) AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts from the USB stick named COPY (in kext dir) to your Yosemite/System/Library/Extension dir, then with kext wizard do a permission and cache repair and system will boot again.
For graphic issues read well this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

How can I do a repair with kext wizard if the system won't boot up?

EDIT: Boot to yosemite from "USB" with boot flags into safe boot mode and run kext wizard.

Its working now :))))

Last edited:
Hi nbless,

unfortunately it didn't work for me as an invited user :cry:
Honestly I still didn't managed to install the Thunderboltex because my NVMe Problem is bigger and right now more important to solve :crazy:
Did you used rbbunmc's guide and used the OsxAptioFixDrv-X99.efi file from the fixes folder?
A friend of mine gave me that OsxAptioFixDrv-X99.efi file and said that was the only one which worked with his thunderboltex card but as I said I still didn't tried it because my M.2 Problem. Do you also have the Dual Version of the
ThunderboltEXII Card? Try it, and tell me if it worked for you:)
Any other ideas what could cause my freezes over here?

Attachments

• OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back