Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to replace it now?
Or do I need to start over?

Using these flags:

npci=0x2000
nvda_drv=1
kext-dev-mode=1
Before to replace it you should check if your edited settings for your cpu are right... Check the first posts here, I remember another user used the same cpu

Can't seem to find anything about that in the earlier posts of this thread.

I haven't really been able to find ANY config settings for my hardware..
I feel like I'm missing a particular kext or something.

So frustrating.. Have you heard anyone else mention only being able to boot into the OS half the time?
Without making any changes.

Hey,

Indeed it should be in Advanced/USB Configuration. But I looked very closely and all I can see is :

Intel xHCI Mode = Auto
EHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
xHCI Hand-off = Enabled
EHCI Hand-off = Enabled

I looked on the web for X99E WS manual and I found one where xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled/Disabled is mentionned but on my manual it dosen't appear...

Has anybody eared about a new version of this motherboard where xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled option has dissappeared ?

Or is it a submenu that I was stupid enough to miss ? :D

Again, many thanks for your time !

Hey,

Indeed it should be in Advanced/USB Configuration. But I looked very closely and all I can see is :

Intel xHCI Mode = Auto
EHCI Legacy Support = Enabled
xHCI Hand-off = Enabled
EHCI Hand-off = Enabled

I looked on the web for X99E WS manual and I found one where xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled/Disabled is mentionned but on my manual it dosen't appear...

Has anybody eared about a new version of this motherboard where xHCI Legacy Support = Enabled option has dissappeared ?

Or is it a submenu that I was stupid enough to miss ? :D

Again, many thanks for your time !
If you have X99-E-WS (not 3.1) with bios 1302 you MUST have that menu....try to reset your bios to default anche check again...
You write that xHCI Legacy Support is in AUTO, but can you change that value?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 137
If you have X99-E-WS (not 3.1) with bios 1302 you MUST have that menu....try to reset your bios to default anche check again...
You write that xHCI Legacy Support is in AUTO, but can you change that value?

For sure my board is x99e ws (no usb 3.1) with bios 3102 :) and even if I reload the default values of the bios, I have no acces to the xHCI Legacy Support value.

To be clear I attached a capture screen of the manual I found on the web where xHCI Legacy Support option appears. If you compare it with the one you linked (I assume it is the one from the guide) you can notice that these option doesn't appear... As it is on my board. But the guide stills mention that Intel xHCI Support has to be enabled !

I can change the value the value of Intel xHCI Support = Auto/Smart Auto/Enabled/Disabled but this is a different option than " xHCI Legacy Support " if I understand correctly :banghead: ?

x99e ws USB configuration.PNG

For sure my board is x99e ws (no usb 3.1) with bios 3102 :) and even if I reload the default values of the bios, I have no acces to the xHCI Legacy Support value.

To be clear I attached a capture screen of the manual I found on the web where xHCI Legacy Support option appears. If you compare it with the one you linked (I assume it is the one from the guide) you can notice that these option doesn't appear... As it is on my board. But the guide stills mention that Intel xHCI Support has to be enabled !

I can change the value the value of Intel xHCI Support = Auto/Smart Auto/Enabled/Disabled but this is a different option than " xHCI Legacy Support " if I understand correctly :banghead: ?

View attachment 174157
You write that you have 3102 bios fw.....maybe it's a type mistake? Because actually the last bios firmware for the X99-E-WS is 1302.
Try to change xHCI Support value, maybe in your MB revision they removed "Legacy" word from that voice...i know it can seems incredible!! :banghead:
What USB port did you use to boot with Unibeast? if you enter bios after boot and in Boot menu you select "Boot override" and name of your USB stick aren't you able to boot?

You write that you have 3102 bios fw.....maybe it's a type mistake? Because actually the last bios firmware for the X99-E-WS is 1302.
Try to change xHCI Support value, maybe in your MB revision they removed "Legacy" word from that voice...i know it can seems incredible!! :banghead:
What USB port did you use to boot with Unibeast? if you enter bios after boot and in Boot menu you select "Boot override" and name of your USB stick aren't you able to boot?

Yes sorry I mistyped bios version is 1302.
The usb key is here I can select it and boot override but I get a very short message that says boot0:done and then black screen.
Is it because the usb key is not really bootable ?

Yes sorry I mistyped bios version is 1302.
The usb key is here I can select it and boot override but I get a very short message that says boot0:done and then black screen.
Is it because the usb key is not really bootable ?
What version of Unibeast did you use? 6 or 5.2? Did you format the USB stick as GUID partition or MBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back