Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, nice to know you are running dual gpu's successfully! It does seem like the memory allocation issue is mostly with Gigabyte boards and Clover, which is why I was thinking of moving to an Asus board and wanted some confirmation of X99 multi-GPU setups.

I'm running 2 x 980 TI's in a X99-UD4. Was running 3 x 960's just too see if it would work and the info section saw it and allocated the lanes appropriately but the software I use wouldn't see the 3rd card. That just might be a Yosemite thing as El Captain is said to allow a 3 GPU setup. I only partially used this guide though. I used the other guide that is specifically made for the 5960x which has some significant differences to this guide. And FYI - I've read the 2 GPU issue is with Clover + Gigabyte Boards - at least the UD4. So I did not use clover. I have the highest "mac" score for the 5960x on Geekbench. That was on air on my test bench. as soon as I get the water cooler hooked up it should only get better. :)

My sound has suddenly stopped working on my hack. Using 10.10.5. I didn't change anything. Works fine in Windows.

WTF? anyone have any idea what could have happened?

My sound has suddenly stopped working on my hack. Using 10.10.5. I didn't change anything. Works fine in Windows.

WTF? anyone have any idea what could have happened?

Check system preference and audio properties...do you still have AUDIO IN etc? Did you update Yosemite with the last patch?

Check system preference and audio properties...do you still have AUDIO IN etc? Did you update Yosemite with the last patch?
I haven't touched Yosemite. I installed the Star Wars game in Windows. I'm worried there's some IRQ conflict that happened.

On a whim, I just tried a different audio port (I've been using my headphone port this whole time - it's been working, and OSX still detects it) and the different audio port works if I switch the audio device.

Why would this happen and how can I fix it? :( Don't see a similiar error after searching the forums.

I haven't touched Yosemite. I installed the Star Wars game in Windows. I'm worried there's some IRQ conflict that happened.

On a whim, I just tried a different audio port (I've been using my headphone port this whole time - it's been working, and OSX still detects it) and the different audio port works if I switch the audio device.

Why would this happen and how can I fix it? :( Don't see a similiar error after searching the forums.

Try to reinstall the audio fix trick as explained in rbbunmc guide and then check again if the problem has been solved.

Try to reinstall the audio fix trick as explained in rbbunmc guide and then check again if the problem has been solved.
This worked.

Then, I went back into windows to play the game, come back, and my sound is ****ed again. WHAT THE HELL. Anyone have any idea why?

edit: This did NOT work the second time around.

This worked.

Then, I went back into windows to play the game, come back, and my sound is ****ed again. WHAT THE HELL. Anyone have any idea why?

edit: This did NOT work the second time around.

Do you have windows 10?

I am following the instructions from the PDF but I always get stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] at the installation. I have an X99-Deluxe and a 5960x. What could be the problem? I already tried various method, clover and chimera/chameleon but can't get past this.

I am following the instructions from the PDF but I always get stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] at the installation. I have an X99-Deluxe and a 5960x. What could be the problem? I already tried various method, clover and chimera/chameleon but can't get past this.
Usually it happens when kernel has not been patched correctly....try to patch it again...

Usually it happens when kernel has not been patched correctly....try to patch it again...

Thanks for the reply. I think I am a bit confused. I recreated the installer USB at least 20 times, sometimes it has a kernel at /System/Library/Kernels, sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, when it had it I used the patch from the temporary guide, but it was not working at all. With clover it hangs at PCI Configuration Begin and after a few seconds the computer restarts. With Chimera it only hangs at the exact same stage.

At this point I am completely lost, I followed all the guides I could find with no result. At some point I got to the installer and installed the system, but after post-install it was broken again and stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back