Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I have 10.10.5 up and running well on my 6 disk appleraid 1+0 setup.

What would be the easiest way to get windows up and running on this? Should I use bootcamp? Should I try to install windows 10 on a different drive then use clover to boot to it? If so does anyone have a handy link how to go about that?

I just dont want to mess up my OSX install trying to install windows now.

Hello @JoelEspinoza,

I can only speak for myself, but i think installing windows on a separate drive would be your best bet, that way you don't need to stress if you you overwite or make changes to the drive. I currently have os x installed on one HD and Windows on another. which works for me.

regards

bromel

What would be the easiest way to get windows up and running on this? Should I use bootcamp? Should I try to install windows 10 on a different drive then use clover to boot to it? If so does anyone have a handy link how to go about that?

I agree with bromel..i've windows 8.1 installed on a different disk. Just remember if you decide to install windows on a new ssd, detach your osx ssd and install win. After installed you can attach again your osx ssd...clover GUI will show you windows ssd and partition too

Are you going to make a PDF to show how instal El Capitan 10.11 as the one for Yosemite 10.10.5? :)

See the Windows Forum Section sticky thread guides > http://www.tonymacx86.com/windows/

After some days of testing, my build (thanks to rbbunmc) is working perfectly... thunderbolt too. The only issue i have is about my firewire card, a Startech PEX1394B3 that works perfectly with my other build, but in the X99 with Yosemite it's not recognized. My Presonus 1602 and my Motif XF with firewire card are not recognized in OS X. In Windows they work!!!!
Is there any compatibility problem with Startech card? Or maybe it's due to Yosemite??

EDIT: the problem was due to Yosemite Firewire kext, maybe they didn't work correctly with my controller, so i extracted the drivers from a Maverick installation and with kext wizard i installed them, and now everything work!

Last edited:
So I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to me? I can boot up Yosemite however OSX is only utilizing 8MB of my 2GB video card. I have the GTX 960 and downloaded the newest web drivers and the Nvidia drivers are still selected after booting. Is this a simple fix or did I miss something?

@rbbunmc

Does updating the Mac Pro Bios make the computer think it is from a later date?

Right now my computer thinks it was made in 2008 and because of that I can't download pages or keynote or numbers.

Also, it's not recognizing my processor. Does this mean it's not fully utilizing the 8 core goodness?

Here's a small SS

Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 11.59.08 AM.png

Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone in this thread can help me get my Thunderbolt ex II card working on a Asus X99 Deluxe

I followed the guide posted by rbbunmc almost to the letter and my system is running nicely.

The Thunderbolt card is working in Windows, and have set the BIOS as suggested in the pdf but no luck with Yosemite.

DPCI Manager sees my Thunderbolt card, and the attached Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, so I must be close?

Attachments

• no tb.tiff
    239.2 KB · Views: 71
  • no tb2.tiff
    70.6 KB · Views: 74
  • no tb3.tiff
    71.7 KB · Views: 79
I'm wondering if anyone in this thread can help me get my Thunderbolt ex II card working on a Asus X99 Deluxe

I followed the guide posted by rbbunmc almost to the letter and my system is running nicely.

The Thunderbolt card is working in Windows, and have set the BIOS as suggested in the pdf but no luck with Yosemite.

DPCI Manager sees my Thunderbolt card, and the attached Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, so I must be close?

try a thunderbolt drive if you can....attach it and switch on before booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back