5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I have installed on my pc Yosemite:
I7-5820K
Asus X99-Pro
Gskill 16GB 3000MHz
Nvidia GTX780ti 3GB

I followed the guide to 100% but I do not get a Geekbench result worthy of the PC.
Can you tell me how you have set the bios, perhaps with detailed pictures?

Thank you

Thanks for the guide! This hackintosh guide works great for the AsRock x99 Extreme4!

Hi Joel,

Is this for real? Will following this guide actually allow me to finally get a Hackintosh to run on my X99 build based on an Asrock X99 Extreme4 MB? If have tried every guide & advice on the internet for a month or 3, and just gave up trying a couple months ago. Would be deligthed to finally get it to work, and will try it this weekend! :)

BR,
Sven

So I can't figure out how to change clover options when booting off RAID. I built my RAID set my making 2 Mirrors and then striping them together in disk utility, then I installed clover on the raid as a whole, and then copied over the post install EFI folder into the EFI partitions on each drive in the set. But I can't get clover configurator to actually change anything. I set them, then save it, but it doesn't make any difference.

Hi Joel,

Is this for real? Will following this guide actually allow me to finally get a Hackintosh to run on my X99 build based on an Asrock X99 Extreme4 MB? If have tried every guide & advice on the internet for a month or 3, and just gave up trying a couple months ago. Would be deligthed to finally get it to work, and will try it this weekend! :)

BR,
Sven

Yep, I am currently typing this on an X99 Asrock Extreme4 running OS X 10.10.5

Hi rbbunmc, i've at home all the components except DDR4...i ordered them from Amazon.it but the reseller is in USA so i must wait about 10 days to receive DDR4...
I've a question for you...what bios version are you actually using?

The newest bios, is it 1201? Let me know how the build comes!

Sorry for the delays again, I have been focusing on identifying a solution for install of el capitan. I am getting close, buts its darn near impossible on the x99-e ws. Every osxaptiodrv file fails with the memory error. I have gone through 6 variants of it. El capitan is only working with osxaptiodrv2 and that happens to be the ONLY one that is not able to be read by x99-e ws in any form. Tonymacx86 has given caution that unibeast/multibeast may no longer be options, so the options are definitely very limited.

As for sound and quicktime coding, the failures are probably related. However it is related in the sense of audio and video, not just quicktime. I haven't had any issues since the fix though. I ditched ssdt.aml and just using hdaenabler1 and the applehda.

Sorry for the delays again, I have been focusing on identifying a solution for install of el capitan. I am getting close, buts its darn near impossible on the x99-e ws. Every osxaptiodrv file fails with the memory error. I have gone through 6 variants of it. El capitan is only working with osxaptiodrv2 and that happens to be the ONLY one that is not able to be read by x99-e ws in any form. Tonymacx86 has given caution that unibeast/multibeast may no longer be options, so the options are definitely very limited.

As for sound and quicktime coding, the failures are probably related. However it is related in the sense of audio and video, not just quicktime. I haven't had any issues since the fix though. I ditched ssdt.aml and just using hdaenabler1 and the applehda.

I don't have problem with OsxAptio, found a version that works with slide=0, my problem is PCI Configuration begins and instant reboots :) Any thoughts on this one?

Latest BIOS is 1301 by the way not 1201.

Last edited:

September bios release is 1301...1201 is the July rel....do you advice me to leave 1201 if is that the latest on my mobo? On Monday I should receive ddr4 so finally I will start to assemble the beast....

I figured out the clover options with appleraid.... seems the EFI partition switches drives or something, or acts like it anyway.

I got about 22k in 32bit geekbench, can anyone runs theirs in 32bit and let me know what score you get?

Also I did get the HWMonitor working, but sadly it doesnt show any useful info like cpu temp. Just shows the temp and estimated life remaining of my SSDs.

Yep, I am currently typing this on an X99 Asrock Extreme4 running OS X 10.10.5

Well, unfortunately, things are still the same as with every other guide I've tried. The OS X installer starts booting and then hangs on IOBluetoothHCIController :thumbdown:
See picture of my screen here: https://binkconsulting.be/owncloud/index.php/s/9OlhQNTPnnBLaeu

I don't have any peripherals connected, just a keyboard & mouse.
@JoelEspinoza: I'm running BIOS v2.00. Which version are you running? Could you please tell me which settings you have changed in your BIOS to make it boot?

One thing to note though: in the install guide, on page 18 is mentioned that you need to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64, but the screenshot right below that text showsOsxAptioFix2Drv-64. Which is the correct one to use please?

Well, unfortunately, things are still the same as with every other guide I've tried. The OS X installer starts booting and then hangs on IOBluetoothHCIController :thumbdown:
See picture of my screen here: https://binkconsulting.be/owncloud/index.php/s/9OlhQNTPnnBLaeu

I don't have any peripherals connected, just a keyboard & mouse.
@JoelEspinoza: I'm running BIOS v2.00. Which version are you running? Could you please tell me which settings you have changed in your BIOS to make it boot?

One thing to note though: in the install guide, on page 18 is mentioned that you need to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64, but the screenshot right below that text showsOsxAptioFix2Drv-64. Which is the correct one to use please?

osxaptiofixdrv-64 is fine

/@rbbunmc Did you had any luck with El Capitan, furthest I've got is pci configuration begin and restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back