Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am running el cap on my iMac. If I downgrade with "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" 10.10, can I get the "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" 10.10.5 again?
Is it possible to downgrade without using timemachin?
Is the "InstallESD.dmg" working alone with clover and unibeast?

I've an iMac too...i had yosemite and i upgraded to El Capitan and i wanted to come back to Y again. You cannot use the Recovery mode and revert to Yosemite because it reinstall the OS that is currently on the Mac (in our case El Capitan!) So the only way is to download Yosemite.app from the purchased item, after the download is finished close the installer, prepare a USB with GUID partition and create an installer USB with Yosemite. This is the only way to make a clean install of Yosemite.

So I am running el cap on my iMac. If I downgrade with "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" 10.10, can I get the "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" 10.10.5 again?
Is it possible to downgrade without using timemachin?
Is the "InstallESD.dmg" working alone with clover and unibeast?
How did you get El Cap working? I thought runbmcc couldn't.

With GeekBench StressTest it's stable (Just 1hour test), no test on Windows for the moment i delete all partitions for create Mac disk. Do you know other stress test on Mac ?

edit: CPUTest Successful

I tried your bios settings but system is unstable. When i reach OSX GUI the system reset...so i tried with AIsuite 3 in windows and set a moderate overclock at 4.0 ghz max ( i have a geekbench score of 32628) and changed in Bios max CPU ratio to 45 so i've a stable overclock at 4.5ghz with a GB score of 36712.
Maybe your DDR4 are different from mine or i don't know why your settings don't work with my conf...

How did you get El Cap working? I thought runbmcc couldn't.

He wrote "iMac" so maybe he refers to an Apple iMac...there is a guide to install El Capitan with Unibeast but i think it's better to wait for rbbunmc news about it.....and i think it's better to stay with Yosemite! :D

Did anyone update bios to version 1301?

Did anyone update bios to version 1301?

I have 1301, it works fine. I will be getting back to working on el capitan today testing several new methods. The wife is starting a dental clinic on Nov.1 and I have spent several weeks working to create a website for it so been a little behind. Regardless, if I identify a fix I do not plan to stay with el capitan as there is still too many issues with low clock speeds in the current version. If it works, I will update everybody on here. It is very frustrating knowing we could be maxed out at yosemite :thumbdown::banghead:

Hey rbbunmc,

I am trying to put together a computer for 4k/5k video editing for a RED Scarlet and your build was recommended to me by Shilohh as a possibility. My budget can't quite afford your full build however and so I was wondering if you would have any suggestions for ways to cut down the costs on it a bit? These are the specs that I am looking at so far:

Asus X99-E WS
CPU: Intel 5960X
RAM: Can I get away with 32GB, at least for starters?
GPU: NVIDIA 980 ti 6GB

I don't know which type of RAM would be best, nor which would be good harddrives that would fit in my budget. I am trying to keep it between $2500-3500 ish. I am not married to these specs, they are just the best I have found so far. Do you have any suggestions?

Bios update 1302 available

X99-E WS Formal BIOS 1302 release.
[If using FlashBack, please rename to "X99EWS.cap" after download.]
Improve system performance and stability.

Bios update 1302 available

X99-E WS Formal BIOS 1302 release.
[If using FlashBack, please rename to "X99EWS.cap" after download.]
Improve system performance and stability.
I will update soon and i hope it will fix problems with thnderboltex II too

Hey rbbunmc,

I am trying to put together a computer for 4k/5k video editing for a RED Scarlet and your build was recommended to me by Shilohh as a possibility. My budget can't quite afford your full build however and so I was wondering if you would have any suggestions for ways to cut down the costs on it a bit? These are the specs that I am looking at so far:

Asus X99-E WS
CPU: Intel 5960X
RAM: Can I get away with 32GB, at least for starters?
GPU: NVIDIA 980 ti 6GB

I don't know which type of RAM would be best, nor which would be good harddrives that would fit in my budget. I am trying to keep it between $2500-3500 ish. I am not married to these specs, they are just the best I have found so far. Do you have any suggestions?

In my opinion your conf is good. I think 32Gb of DDR4 are enough for your work. Both me and rbbunmc use GSkill Model F4-2800C15Q2-64GRK but there is still a kit made of 32GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back