Graphics
Titan X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have done an extensive amount of testing to identify the incompatibility issue with 5960x and el capitan. This has been discussed in x99 threads, but I want to start a dedicated thread to help people understand and discuss the problem and possible solutions. The issue is not going to be resolved with conventional kexts or bootflags.

I have come across what appears to be the true panic and it's owed to the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform.kext being incompatible with el capitan. If you attempt to install directly on the 5960x you might notice that the last reported verbose message before pci configuration begin is related to usb port injection. I first modified kexts to remove port limitations and this had no effect in overcoming any panic. Next I moved to the fix all method of swapping the hard drive in a true mac to do the install and all works perfectly. When swapping back into the 5960x you run into the early reboot problem if you use the native AppleACPIPlatform.kext, this is expected and known by 5960x users that require the the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Unfortunately whether you inject or detect the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform.kext you get a debug incompatibility panic on ACPIPlatform which means it is no longer an option for booting 5960x.
Thats going to be an issue and one I don't currently know how to overcome. If anybody else identifies a solution in the mean time, it would be great if you could post. I will continue to work on the problem, but I think its going to require someone with programming skills well above my level.

I have done an extensive amount of testing to identify the incompatibility issue with 5960x and el capitan. This has been discussed in x99 threads, but I want to start a dedicated thread to help people understand and discuss the problem and possible solutions. The issue is not going to be resolved with conventional kexts or bootflags.

Any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back