Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Read some posts on here about how some ports on their video cards don't work, waiting for my machine to arrive so I can put it together and install OS X, anyone know from experience if the displayport on it will/should work correctly?

I use 3 Asus VW266. For one I need to use a DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (from Saphire).

I get no picture at all on the DisplayPort if I use the new 5850 Drivers, that came with 10.6.7 . The picture vanishes after the BootLogo.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I was asking because I wanted to use the card with a 24" Cinema Display and as it turns out the 58xx cards are incompatible with it :(

Which brand 5850 are you using? I've read about a guy who got his Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X (rev2.0) working with an 27" Apple Cinema Display.

Besides that, I had the same issue as you do. Had to sell my 5870 because I couldn't get it to work and bought an XFX 5770 with miniDP. Everything works fine on a 27" ACD.

I'm closely watching the development of the 6xxx series cards. If any of those works with an ACD, I'm in ;)

So I'm guessing you're out of luck here. SOME cards work with ACD's, however MOST cards do not work.

mjgunn said:
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I was asking because I wanted to use the card with a 24" Cinema Display and as it turns out the 58xx cards are incompatible with it :(

My 5850 works with my ACD (24inch). Every now and again though it flashes black but then the picture returns immediately.

running on 10.6.6

Nice 0Mud, what adaptor did you use? Unfortunately from what I've read support is so hit and miss, that jus because one person's XFX 5850 works the next persons won't. I'm going to try a 6870, looks like they're working well, mini-displayport output and all. Got to sell my 5850 though, anyone want a good deal on a barely used card? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back