Contribute
Register

5770 with Triple Monitor Support in Lion/10.6.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guiferreira said:
I've tried everything listed here. Nothing seems to work. The best i could get was mirroring for 2 displays and the third as extended. I have a sapphire 5770, tried every combination of ports. I'm on lion 10.7.2. On 10.7 and 10.7.1 system profiler show for ports but no image or just mirroring. This is my card
14-102-873-TS

Have you try this, Worked for me

clone before your disk. ;)

Put a empty string in the EXTRA/org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

like this
:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>

what i did was getting chameleon wizard and install the latest release. then follow ER800's advice. Just make sure to have graphics enabler on + the empty device string.

it didnt work for me at first.... lion is my tryout partition so I went back to SL.
I started the Lion Partition a few weeks later again and strangely enough it suddenly worked without doing anything. So:
If the first restart doesnt do the job right away try a few times (5 times at least)

For me it seems permanent now using the regular 10.7.2 combo update ATI kexts..

but sleep is not working so it remains my tryout partition :)

Hey guys, quick update:

I now have Triple Monitor support with Sapphire 5770 with vanilla 10.7.2 kexts.
I got a Dell U2711 monitor which has Displayport. So I now have my monitors connected to DP, HDMI and DVI. I got rid of the DP -> DVI Adapter.

THis setup works excellent in Lion, even after sleep! Lets see if it will still work in 10.7.3 when it's out!

mrchrister said:
Hey guys, quick update:

I now have Triple Monitor support with Sapphire 5770 with vanilla 10.7.2 kexts.
I got a Dell U2711 monitor which has Displayport. So I now have my monitors connected to DP, HDMI and DVI. I got rid of the DP -> DVI Adapter.

THis setup works excellent in Lion, even after sleep! Lets see if it will still work in 10.7.3 when it's out!

Nice one. So when you say you are using vanilla kexts, does that mean you're not using GraphicsEnabler?

I currently have triples working on my 5770 by using GraphicsEnabler and the empty device string, but this causes certain programs to crash, plus I get verification errors when trying to use the App Store.

Yo,

How are all of you able to at least run 5770 with OSX, I am unable to. They only way I get some access is by booting up a fresh install copy in a partition via the usb boot (with param -x PCIRootUID=1)

I have the XFX 577X-ZNFC Video card. And I have managed to install the combo update pack to the my main lion osx partition.

Also my plist is

<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
</dict>

When the main partition boots up - all I see is garbled screen. (Right now I am only using DVI connection - hopefully I will be able to get all my monitors working DVI, and DP)..but for now even 1 isn't even working.

I appreciate any help or guidance please

Thanks,

flynn

Hi, can anyone upload the 10.7.2 kexts that are needed for this patch? The only one uploaded is not available anymore.

Im running 10.7 and when I update to 10.7.4 had a Still Waiting for root device so this is the only way I can put the displayport to work.

When I changed to the 10.6.7 attached in this post I only got a kernel panic. Mounting a restore now.

In the unlikely event that anyone needs to fix the Displayport on their Sapphire 5770 card, in a 2008 Mac Pro running 10.6.8, the link above posted by Ghoses worked a treat for me. Have now got a new monitor running at native 2560x1440, was so pleased to find this info.

Many thanks to Ghoses and all others that have figured out all the quirks and did all the testing back in 2012, am very grateful

Cheers

G

p.s. on the link above, I only followed steps 1-4, step 5 not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back