Contribute
Register

5770 with DVI and displayport or hdmi working for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
osx 7 lion
CPU
core i7 920
Graphics
ati 5770 1gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a gigabyte 5770 and can't get the hdmi or displayport to work with DVI. Any suggestions? Ideas?

If I connect DVI and HDMI I sometimes get mirror to work, it randomly works. Sometimes it starts working when I unplug it and plug it back in while os x is running.

Displayport I can't get it to work. System boots up, gets to login screen, at which point it acts like there are two screens, with two desktops however one screen actually looks messed up, like lines and weirdness going on, while the other screen just says no signal.

Update: Using AtiConfig=Kipunji and everything is working fine now. System info says it's a Radeon HD 5000.

Update#2: Just to be clear, my current setup is Dual Screen, A 23inch led monitor and a 40 inch TV. Monitor using a DVI port and TV using HDMI port. I'm routing audio through optical out spdif from motherboard and not hdmi. It's working good, I can recover from sleep, dual monitor support, with seperate desktops.

Update#3: I guess somethings wrong since I can't use DVD Player. I guess Kipunji is not the right framebuffer to use after all. I'll keep looking for one that works. Alternatively I'm going to try flashing my video card with other roms and see if it works.

Update #4: I was able to get mountain lion OS X to recognize the card as an ati 5770 1024mb of ram. It works with all the software. Dual DVI. Could not get the HDMI or Displayport to work. The method I used was flashing it from a slightly different board from the same company. See my post about flashing.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...layport-hdmi-working-anyone-4.html#post423640

Yes It's work for me but I have a problem with a " phantom second screen" and I can't desable it !

I have a gigabyte 5770 and can't get the hdmi or displayport to work with DVI. Any suggestions? Ideas?

If I connect DVI and HDMI I sometimes get mirror to work, it randomly works. Sometimes it starts working when I unplug it and plug it back in while os x is running.

Displayport I can't get it to work. System boots up, gets to login screen, at which point it acts like there are two screens, with two desktops however one screen actually looks messed up, like lines and weirdness going on, while the other screen just says no signal.

I have the Sapphire HD5770 vapor-x and it is working DVI + HDMI on my GA-X58A-UD7. Even have audio over HDMI with DSDT edits. Main screen is HDMI, extended desktop to the other screen on DVI.
I don't have a DP monitor or adapter, so no way to test that port, but DVI+DVI or DVI+HDMI works OK.

Thanks for the info.

I kept reading the forums and found the list of ati configs.
So I started plugging in one by one. I found one that works!

AtiConfig=Kipunji

So far so good. :D Dual Desktops, working correctly.

Awesome! Let's hope it sticks. lol.

I have a P8P67 with the famous and flashed XFX 5770 running triple display on ML, Both DVI and an active display to dvi. Its very stable and is used in a production environment. Installation to ML is with native kexts and GE=Yes. Lion was a NOGO without using modified kexts.

I have the Sapphire HD5770 vapor-x and it is working DVI + HDMI on my GA-X58A-UD7. Even have audio over HDMI with DSDT edits. Main screen is HDMI, extended desktop to the other screen on DVI.
I don't have a DP monitor or adapter, so no way to test that port, but DVI+DVI or DVI+HDMI works OK.

can you share the line you add/edit DSDT to get Sapphire HD5770 vapor-x HDMI audio working? I got the same card.

Ah I was trying to find the one I could flash and what to flash too, can you share some more details on your setup?

Thanks for the info.

I kept reading the forums and found the list of ati configs.
So I started plugging in one by one. I found one that works!

AtiConfig=Kipunji

So far so good. :D Dual Desktops, working correctly.

Awesome! Let's hope it sticks. lol.

Look at your "about Mac" does it display your graphics card as 5770 or 5xxx?

Look at your "about Mac" does it display your graphics card as 5770 or 5xxx?

Below is the info requested, what's wrong with HD 5000? Honestly, I'm glad it works, but is there something I should be keeping in mind?

ATI Radeon HD 5000:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5000
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
TCLORSC8:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes
IPS226 :
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 101NDRF7E310
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

Yes It's work for me but I have a problem with a " phantom second screen" and I can't desable it !

I don't have all the configs in front of me but you can try different aticonfig boot option and find one that works. Once you find the write one you can put it into the boot file in the extras folder. I'll see what I can write up when I get home later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back