Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've been at my hackintosh build for a few days now, trying to get everything to work properly.
My specs:
ASRock P67 Extreme4
Intel i7 2600K
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
GSKill Ripjaws 8GB (only using 4gb for installation)

I've gotten it to successfully boot in 10.6.7 but without audio. On the contrary, I've gotten it to boot in 10.7.0 but without the display fully enabled (i.e. I cant change the resolution). I tried booting upgrading to 10.6.8, but with no success.

I always use MultiBeast with all "System Utilities" checked, and a custom DSDT tailor made using a guide I found here (http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=35559). I also patched the DSDT for the 892 codec with no success.

Can anyone help?

Kevnoto111 said:
So I've been at my hackintosh build for a few days now, trying to get everything to work properly.
My specs:
ASRock P67 Extreme4
Intel i7 2600K
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
GSKill Ripjaws 8GB (only using 4gb for installation)

I've gotten it to successfully boot in 10.6.7 but without audio. On the contrary, I've gotten it to boot in 10.7.0 but without the display fully enabled (i.e. I cant change the resolution). I tried booting upgrading to 10.6.8, but with no success.

I always use MultiBeast with all "System Utilities" checked, and a custom DSDT tailor made using a guide I found here (viewtopic.php?t=35559). I also patched the DSDT for the 892 codec with no success.

Can anyone help?

Are you using GraphicsEnabler?

GraphicsEnabler=On and Off dont work. I looked at the HCL for 10.7.0 and it seems 5770 is missing from it. So I'm updating to 10.7.3, will be back with results!

Kevnoto111 said:
GraphicsEnabler=On and Off dont work. I looked at the HCL for 10.7.0 and it seems 5770 is missing from it. So I'm updating to 10.7.3, will be back with results!

That doesn't sound right, the current Mac Pro lineup includes this card. It should be supported out of the box. I recommend creating a 10.7.3 UniBeast drive to test it out.

Ok, so I'm back with no success. I've tried multiple combinations of using custom dsdt, not using it, but i cannot get it to boot 10.7.3. I boot -v and it shows me it always gets hung up at "device in slot 1", leading me to believe my graphics card is to blame. Oddly enough though, it'll boot 10.7.0, but with only one resolution. As soon as I try to upgrade to 10.7.3, all the errors surface. I'll create a 10.7.3 UniBeast drive and try again...

Update: 10.7.3 will not even let me boot the UniBeast drive. hangesup at "From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><ey>IOProviderClass</key>.........etc.
Then it keeps saying "Still waiting for root device". I've double checked AHCI mode, GraphicsEanbler=Yes and No, -x -v, and it still hangs up in the same place... can anyone help me?

Run mac os in safe mod with command PCIRootUID=1

Then run Multibeast and under customization/boot option chose 64-bit Apple boot screen. Install it and restart. Now it should be installed correctly and resolution should be changeable.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

What happens when you remove the DSDT and boot with rBoot?

Still, I didn't use rBoot and had this situation, but why you want to remove DSDT? On other hand, if you remove DSDT and restart your OS will not boot up.

insomnia said:
Still, I didn't use rBoot and had this situation, but why you want to remove DSDT? On other hand, if you remove DSDT and restart your OS will not boot up.

I think it would if you used rBoot because it would load the necessary kexts to boot from the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back