Contribute
Register

5770 hardware troubles or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello community!

I got my computer up and running with 10.6.5 for 3 weeks, everthing working smooth. But now I discover strange behavior, i boot up my system and after a while 10 to 20 minutes, the screen blacks out or sometimes geometric structures appear on the screen and the whole system hangs.

Is the gpu defect or are my drivers suddenly f**ed up?
Please give me some advice what to do, I was so happy with my system.

Attachments

• Asus_P8P67_Deluxe-Patched_2302-i7_2600k-DSDT.aml
    285.1 KB · Views: 75
antonthephantom said:
Hello community!

I got my computer up and running with 10.6.5 for 3 weeks, everthing working smooth. But now I discover strange behavior, i boot up my system and after a while 10 to 20 minutes, the screen blacks out or sometimes geometric structures appear on the screen and the whole system hangs.

Is the gpu defect or are my drivers suddenly f**ed up?
Please give me some advice what to do, I was so happy with my system.

what's the situation right now? solved or not solved....

grtz IT07

Attachments

• dsdt+hdmi_edits.aml
    42 KB · Views: 86
I am having no such issues on two machines with 5770s, one is 10.6.5 other is 10.6.6. Both are using the old Boot9 file which uses vervet.

So the solution seems to replace the boot file ?
How do I do that...? I guess multibeast is the way to go

Ive the same Problem with my Powercolor Green 5750 passiv.
I use a Asus P7P55LX (DSDT),Core i5 750 and Macpro 3.1 smbios @64Bit and SL 10.6.5

The Screen goes Black and the System is gone. The only Thing i can do is reset.

Ive this Problem with "ALL" install Methods.
With ATY_Int in 32Bit, and with all modified Chamleon Boot Files in 32 and 64Bit and with SL 10.6.4 and 10.6.5 with HDMI and DVI outs, all SMbios.plists, it Doesnt matter...

Sometimes its Ok for one Week and sometimes is really heavy (few Times a Day)like the last Days.
Ive the Feeling its the "updated" Kabyl booter which makes it stronger right now
Its obvious here that the latest Kabyl Trunk (also included in multibeast 3.0) gives by far more Black Screens on my 5750

Im back to the older/other Version with AtiRom=yes to test it.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=231756

I hate it! But what should i do ? The new Ati 6000 Series is not supported at this Time and the new Nvidia Fermi Series has a freezing Problem...Bah!

I assume its a Ati Kext/Driver Problem in Combination with these boot files.
Otherwise you can find the same Problem on real Macs too. Ofcourse ive no Problems in Windows 7, never had any unsolved Problems with ATI Cards.

i really hope we can find a Solution fast here!

@antonthephantom
Replacing boot File : Simply overwrite/copy the boot file to your SL Root,nothing special.
Maybe you have to delete the old boot file first( and first make it visible)

@shazeal
Which boot File are you using ?

Greetings

EDIT:
Oh no...I had a freeze again! So i can say i have it with all booters/install Methods !
But not so often with the older Versions! I cant stand it so im back to Win7 as Main System until theres a fix..Damn!! :crazy:

I could still return the 5770 and get me a nvidia card, if they run smoother. any suggestions?

The Problem comes up with ALL Booters and all Install Methods on my Powercolor green "5750"!

I replaced it with a 5770 and no more Black Screens :)

Looks like this Powercolor Green passiv 5750 is a bit to special with the Desgin without a PCI_E Power Input. I saw a few Users with the same card and the same Problem.

EDIT:
Just want say that that the Gigabyte 5770 works without any Black Screens, Flickering etc. It is now 100% sure that the Powercolor 5750 was causing the Problem.
Very sad because i loved this card.

karacho said:
antonthephantom said:
So the solution seems to replace the boot file ?
How do I do that...? I guess multibeast is the way to go
Yes. Get the older boot file and just copy it to your rootdirectory. Reboot

Sorry for asking. Whats the name of the older boot file&where can i get it?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back