3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi,
I've had this radeon 5770 HD card on another Hackintosh ( GA G31M ES-2L+ intel Core2Duo) and it was fully recognized as radeon 5770 vervet. I've changed motherboard and CPU to go for GA-H67M-D2-B3 +intel Corei3 and os 10.7 but cannot make this video card to work completely :I first had Graphics Enabler=yes by default in org.chamelon.Boot.plist but i've changed it to "No" in order not to have a "ghost" display (VGA 800X600) showing!
Anyway with or without this changes my radeon 5770 is shown as "ati radeon HD 5000 1024 MB" in sys info. and dvd player crashes etc..

I tried to look for infos using terminal and "ioreg | grep ATY"
i'm getting :
mac-pro-de-papa:~ papa$ ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000029b, registered, matched, activ$
| | | | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002a8, registered, matched, $
| | | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000029c, registered, matched, activ$
| | | | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b0, registered, matched, $
| | | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000029d, registered, matched, activ$
| | | | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, $
mac-pro-de-papa:~ papa$

Cannot get anything when using : "sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem"
the terminal asks for password which I type and.. nothing shows..

Then in org.chamelon.Boot.plist I tried adding <key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
but no changes..

I would really like to understand what I need to do to make it work properly ! (as it did on previous config)

Any ideas ?

Im having the same issue, already tried everything you can imagine... UseAtiROM, AtiConfig with almost all framebuffers, and nothing changes!

Im not worried about DVD Player, but without the correct framebuffer, the Adobe After Effects does not work too. And i need it for my work!

I had the same issue with the asus hd5770 , with graphicsenabler=no adobe ae will not start and most of the 3d games

I fixed it by setting graphicsenabler to yes and now my vga is displaye correctly in the sys profiler as ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
and ae starts , however when i set my display to "Best for display " resolution it goes to 800x600 and my native display resolution is no listed

do i need to change the frame buffer /ati config ?

i guess graphicsenabler=yes fixes everything... for me with the 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back