Contribute
Register

5750 doesnt work after 10.6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the same problem even after fresh install of os x and then 10.6.5, maybe its the new frame buffers? still waiting for solution or the solution will be avoid updates after 10.6.4... :beachball:

Keyo said:
Still the same problem even after fresh install of os x and then 10.6.5, maybe its the new frame buffers? still waiting for solution or the solution will be avoid updates after 10.6.4... :beachball:
I just recently set up my new system that features a 5750 connected through DVI (only one screen). After installing the 10.6.5 combo update, I used MultiBeast to install ATY_init.kext with the Vervet option.

I then (without re-booting) loosely followed Imkantus' step-by-step instructions from this old post:
http://osx86.co/archive/index.php/t-6326.html

Actually, I only followed his instructions from step 3, i.e.,
  • Download Netkas' ATI kexts http://mirror.netkas.org/driver.tar.bz2[/*:m:1ngql5qh]
  • Add the device ID into the IOPCIMatch Section of the ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist [/*:m:1ngql5qh]
  • Install the modified new ATI5000Controller.kext and the new ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from Netkas files (using Kext Helper)[/*:m:1ngql5qh]
This was all I had to do - worked without any issues and gives me 1920x1080 with QE/CI.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
teq

Have anybody managed to make 5750 work without artifacts? If so - please let us know the way to fix this.

I have a solution for Sapphire HD5750. Still 32bit, but works under 10.6.5.

-After you installed 10.6.5 Combo Update, Multibeast things (DSDT, Network, Audio and 32bit boot - Graphics Enabler = No, exclude Vervet Framebuffer) and Chameleon, then restart your system.
-Make a copy from ATI5000Controller.kext (Sys/Libr/Ext) to your desktop and open Info.plist what you find in this copy. Add your videocard's dev-id (probably 0x68BE1002) into this plist. Save it.
-Open Multibeast and install ATY_Vervet.
-Open Kext Helper and add the edited ATI5000Controller.kext, and install.
-Reboot.
-Enjoy your HD5750. :)

Best Solution::
*Download these drivers from netkas or use the current drivers if fresh installed.
*Download latest MultiBeast (2.5)
-Copy ATI5000Controller.kext to Desktop from /System/Library/Extensions
-After applying 10.6.5 don't restart, perhaps you should run MultiBeast select the ATi Experimental Release under Chameleon, now on the com.boot.apple you can should choose either 64-bit Boot or 32-bit depends on your application, just make sure it's (GraphicEnabler=yes) and don't forget Kext Helper b7 (Install everything else as usual if need - UserDSDT,LegacyHDA,etc...)
-After the MultiBeast Installtion is finished don't restart yet. Open up ATI5000Controller.kext which is already located on your Desktop. Inside "Content" there's Info.plist file open it and then you should see a bunch of Device ID's looking like 0x68A11002 0x68B81002, etc...
now you add another one called 0x68BE1002 which is the usual Device ID for 5750, if your's different than you should look in your Windows device properties and copy your device ID
-Use Kext Helper in order to install the Kext and run the two other two scripts as part of the advanced options.
-Reboot and have fun :)

I just recently set up my new system that features a 5750 connected through DVI (only one screen). After installing the 10.6.5 combo update, I used MultiBeast to install ATY_init.kext with the Vervet option.

I then (without re-booting) loosely followed Imkantus' step-by-step instructions from this old post:
http://osx86.co/archive/index.php/t-6326.html

Actually, I only followed his instructions from step 3, i.e.,
Download Netkas' ATI kexts http://mirror.netkas.org/driver.tar.bz2
Add the device ID into the IOPCIMatch Section of the ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Install the modified new ATI5000Controller.kext and the new ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from Netkas files (using Kext Helper)
This was all I had to do - worked without any issues and gives me 1920x1080 with QE/CI.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
teq

That works for me OK! Thanks teq :headbang:
Additionally to teq's guide I had to install USB 10.6.2 Rollback with Multibeast. Now everything works fine.

about.png

Use gpu-z to save your bios to vendor_device.rom and place in Extra

For you guys getting the artifacts I would try nothing first except to start in -x and then correct the ati5000 kext that 10.6.5 installed. It removed the edit to show the 5750 device ID. Thats what fixed it for me.

However after a restart with no issues on QE at 2560 resolution as happy as i can be it never worked again. . I restarted later after doing nothing and now its starts up with the monitor in sleep mode. I tried changing the 32 bit =no back and forth and it sometimes will startup black screen. It always shows the spinning gear but just when its about to show the desktop it does it. I can always startup in safe mode and see everything as always. But I have the ability to go to 2560 resolution again

Any ideas please?

I got the kext out of my extensions but when I open it, it's just an empty folder. can someone help please. all my kext are like this

EDIT: idk why but I downloaded the file to my iPhone 4 and added it in there then put it on my pc and installed it and it worked

Bambalazs said:
Keyo: It works!!! THANK YOU!!!! :clap:
HD5750 / 64bit with GraphicsEnabler=Yes / Chameleon by Kabyl / HAPPINESS!!! :D

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 1GB 100284L on a Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C.

- I performed a fresh install of Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.0 and applied Combo Update to 10.6.5.
- Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC4 replacing the boot file kabyl's
- I then installed all the remaining updates through Software Update including the Graphics Update
- I added my device id, 0x68BE1002 to /S/L/E/ATI5000Controller.kext
- Added GraphicsEnabler=Yes to com.apple.Boot.plist in /E/E
- Generated a DSDT using DSDTSE and applied DTGP, RTC, _WAK, and CMOS patches.
- Patched AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E for ALC662
- In /E/E I have:
  • ALC662.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • ATAPortInjector.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • Disabler.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • OSXRestart.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • SleepEnabler.kext[/*:m:2nkj83ux]
  • fakesmc.kext [2.5][/*:m:2nkj83ux]

I am getting stuck at "** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **" when booting in verbose mode and a panic message when booting normally with this method. Did you have this issue? If so, how did you get past it? Also, do you still have ATY_init.kext in either /E/E or /S/L/E?

Edit: I tried a different version of Kabyl's boot file and now I get a garbled screen.

Edit: I added ATY_Init.kext to /E/E and boot in 64 bit and I get full QE/CI and Res Change! Awesome!

Edit: Success! I guess I am just crazy. I didn't know to add the device id of my 5750 to ATI5000Controller.kext in /S/L/E. After doing that, my card is working without the need for ATY_Init.kext. Thanks for the help. For anyone interested, I was also able to get HDMI audio working with tmongkol dsdt patch. Thanks again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back