Contribute
Register

5700 XT is detected but no video output..

Status
Not open for further replies.
unplugged the RX 570 from motherboard and now no video output at all.

Disable the intel gpu 630 in BIOS and let the DGPU RX 5700 XT as primary.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
Internal Graphics is already disabled
Disable the intel gpu 630 in BIOS and let the DGPU RX 5700 XT as primary.
Internal Graphics is already disabled.

Attachments

• 315A03FD-2637-42D8-B4CD-CF18ACA071EE.jpeg
    315A03FD-2637-42D8-B4CD-CF18ACA071EE.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 31
you have files in your ACPI/patches that I don't recognize, are you sure you know what they do ? our boards and very similar and I only have two on my boot USB.

Your config.plist has a lot of patches, not sure you need any of those, I also see you are using OC efi drivers, I don't think they are the problem but do they even work correctly with clover ?

My system is running OC now and only two drivers are needed.
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

maybe review that EFI Folder, seems everything else is in order.

Did you replace the efi folder?
Yes, then actually did a fresh install but had some issues with the install as the install failed to locate the partition. This Catalina - Data drive is not even on the SSD and the install won't complete when trying to run it. Had to do a manual restart. Also can't update clover boot.
IMG_1528.jpg
IMG_1530.jpg
B73FB26A-4A64-424A-B992-44C98BD94930.jpeg
1D1137C6-D1EA-4998-9D87-ECF5346E516D.jpeg
FF4F96A6-BBEC-4A28-A129-B5E7C08AABE5.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
you have files in your ACPI/patches that I don't recognize, are you sure you know what they do ? our boards and very similar and I only have two on my boot USB.

Your config.plist has a lot of patches, not sure you need any of those, I also see you are using OC efi drivers, I don't think they are the problem but do they even work correctly with clover ?

ApfsDriverLoader.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Removed all the patches but I had used Glasgoods guide and their EFI folder. still having issues with a fresh install. the 570 is showing being connected to my display but the 5700 xt still isn't showing being connected. Is it possible that I have to place the 5700 XT in slot 2?
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 34
Found and deleted the Catalina data partition and did another fresh install but install still did the same thing. So had to manual reboot. Still no luck with the video output though.

ApfsDriverLoader.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

I guess I have to try the OpenCore Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back