CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To be fair, my 560Ti has never worked flawlessly. I've always had the random freezes that many people have experienced, and my machine hasn't gone to sleep properly since the 10.8.2 update, but after updating to 10.8.3 with the combo updater, my machine doesn't boot at all with the 560Ti installed.

I decided I would try starting fresh, so I made a new USB boot stick with 10.8.3. Formatted and installed using the onboard HD4000 graphics, and ran Multibeast with the following settings:
Screen Shot.jpg
I popped the 560Ti back in, and I still get stuck on the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. In verbose mode, I get this far:
IMG_0134.jpg
I can boot into safe mode with the 560Ti installed, and with the graphics card out of the machine and using HD4000 the machine runs perfectly.

This graphics card has been my only headache in an otherwise good hackintosh experience. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just cut my losses with this card and try something different? Thanks in advance.

GA-Z77X-UD5H, 3770K, EVGA GTX 560Ti

I have a 560Ti card, in my system.
With 10.8.3 It works, but when my screen goes to sleep, my system don't reestart.
(Pd Sorry for my english)

ASUS P5K3 de luxe+ GeForce 560TI

After I adjusted my BIOS settings, I ran the OnyX maintenance as described in post number 19 of this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a-2.html

I'm at 31 hours of uptime right now with no major issues. Earlier today I had a couple of the multicolored squares pop up on my screen and it looked like I might have an OpenGL channel exception freeze, but it came out of it without freezing.

I've gone through several sleep/wake cycles (manual sleep only, automatic sleep still doesn't work), I've played some movies in iTunes, and I've done a little bit of editing in FCP X. Even if I had a freeze right now, I would still say this is the best my machine has run in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back