Contribute
Register

5600 XT not compatible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so unless i go for a RX 580, all other solutions need Catalina (?)

Most of the time, my computer will not be for gaming (gaming would be probably 5-10%) so i don't probably need more than a RX 580 and i assume that if i don't put all the details to the max I could play rather smoothly with that card

I really want to stick with Mojave for now

no, all Navi cards require Catalina 10.15.2 or newer.
That explains why my RX5700 TX got only 7mb of memory, cos I have 10.15 Catalina am I right?
Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 18.41.51.png

Is there any special boot argument I need to have full GPU speeds? I noticed on Geekbench that there is a named difference between when I run a test of Metal vs OpenCL - "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT" (Metal) vs "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Compute Engine" (OpenCL) but I think I'm running full supported speeds, etc?
My Geekbench 5 profile

Is there any special boot argument I need to have full GPU speeds? I noticed on Geekbench that there is a named difference between when I run a test of Metal vs OpenCL - "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT" (Metal) vs "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Compute Engine" (OpenCL) but I think I'm running full supported speeds, etc?
My Geekbench 5 profile
Hey I have almost the same setup as yourself. Same board with 6800k and R9 390. How were you able to get Catalina up and running. Do you have an example of your EFI folder.

How do you install a “boot argument” when you’re trying to create a Catalina installation to begin with?

How do you install a “boot argument” when you’re trying to create a Catalina installation to begin with?
It’s in the config.plist of the installer. If you have a USB installer plugged in use Clover Configurator App to mount the EFI. Then add it to the Boot section.

It’s in the config.plist of the installer. If you have a USB installer plugged in use Clover Configurator App to mount the EFI. Then add it to the Boot section.

Thanks for the help. I was having an old age moment... After I sent that message, it occurred to me exactly where it was and all that.

Hey I have almost the same setup as yourself. Same board with 6800k and R9 390. How were you able to get Catalina up and running. Do you have an example of your EFI folder.
Hi sorry it took me so long to see your response. I followed this guide (github here)by user @koush and haven't had to change anything, except for an adjustment to the code entry for the CPU version. I have a 6850K and he built with a 6950X. Also I started using AMD GPUs and haven't bothered with Nvidia GPUs since before Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back