Zotac Geforce 560
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,
I currently own a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti, but I still have time to take it back to the store, and I'm experiencing a lack of graphics acceleration and sleep/wake problems that are well documented.

So I'm thinking about exchanging it, but I don't want to splurge on a 560 Ti, which seems to be the gold standard in terms of compatibility. The regular old 560 is currently on sale from Newegg (in MSI and Zotac flavors) and I'm just wondering if it works OOB with Mountain Lion. Does anyone owning one of these experience sleep/wake problems? Can you play games? Would you recommend the MSI over the Zotac?

Thanks everyone!

560 will work OOB.

You can play games and everything?

You can play games and everything?

The 560 ti is the same chip as the base 560. They both use the GF114 chip, it's just higher clocked and has a few more graphics cores on the Ti model. You should be able to find a comparable model in a 560 to just about any 560ti model you like.

Did you need to install any kexts or enablers?

The Multibeast 5.0 is just released, take a look at the changes.

Did you need to install any kexts or enablers?

They should be supported pretty much out of the box and you probably should not install any patches or hacks other than those specifically for 10.8. IIRC the only one of those is the OpenCL fix, wouldn't apply since it's only for cards with 2 gig or more of memory.

You may still need to set relevant boot flags like PCIRootUID = 1 or 0 and npci=0x2000 or 0x3000.

Hi Albertsw can u install CUDA driver and run Lexmark to show open cl score i am using Asus GTX 560 i cant install cuds drivers always end with Installation failed message and cuds accelerated software like Sapphire edge and premier failed to get GPU acceleration

My system is GA-P55-UD3L - 2.3 F1 Bios
i5 760
asus GTX 560 (non TI)
8 gb memmory

Hi Albertsw can u install CUDA driver and run Lexmark to show open cl score i am using Asus GTX 560 i cant install cuds drivers always end with Installation failed message and cuds accelerated software like Sapphire edge and premier failed to get GPU acceleration

My system is GA-P55-UD3L - 2.3 F1 Bios
i5 760
asus GTX 560 (non TI)
8 gb memmory
Sorry I can't I'm away for a month.

This just arrived and I installed it.

Any steps need to be taken to get sleep/wake working? (Other details about my build in my signature). Because it still isn't working for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back