Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
500$ Idea

This will be my First Hackintosh build Once I get the money to make it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SpreedSheet <----Link to my Spreadsheet (I used LibreOffice which is free to use and Download but can work with Excel you just need to "repair" it)(Also just Download it since the Format Mediafire uses is ****e)

Fixed the list

Part: Part Name: Cost: Quantity
Case: BitFenix 89.99 1
Motherboard: GigaByte GA 97.99 1
CPU: I3-3220 120.98 1
Storage 1: HDD 1.5TB 62.99 1
Power Supply: Logisys 550W 25.99 1
Ram: Corsair DD3 8Gig 59.98 1
CD/DVD: Samsung CD/DVD 20.99 1
Budget Total: 478.91

PS: (If you do make a video with these specs please refer to the people to this post ; ~ ; and maybe a Shoutout to my Youtube channel Once I get the money I will make a build of this)

Edit: Also if this is the wrong thread sowwy ; ~ ; I just wanted to post this since It was cheap and runs I5

SpreedSheet <----Link to my Spreadsheet (I used LibreOffice which is free to use and Download but can work with Excel you just need to "repair" it)(Also just Download it since the Format Mediafire uses is ****e)
CPU: I5-650 155.5 1
Thermal Paste Arctic Silver 5 8.23 1
Heatsink Thermaltake CL-P0497 9.99 1
Budget Total: 556.65

Edit: Also if this is the wrong thread sowwy ; ~ ; I just wanted to post this since It was cheap and runs I5

Just two questions: Do you really want to run Snow Leopard ? That I5 is an 1156 socket cpu. Will not work with that
Motherboard. Why did you choose that? If you're on a limited budget just go with the I3-3225 and you don't need
a gfx card. Only costs about 130 dollars. See my prodigy build video which is linked to in my signature.

Just two questions: Do you really want to run Snow Leopard ? That I5 is 1156 socket cpu. Will not work with that
Motherboard. Why did you choose that?
It doesn't, crap
Then this one guy got his spec wrong
I will try to find one that will work

And I would rather have Moutian loin but apparently apple does not sell that in a disk form

Last edited:
It doesn't D: crap DX
Then this one guy got his spec wrong -w-
I will try to find one that will work

And I would rather have Moutian loin but apparently apple does not sell that in a disk form

You'll need to just install Snow Leo first, upgrade to 10.6.8 via the combo update. Then download
Mtn. Lion from the app store. It's very easy to make unibeast installation flash drive once you've
got snow leopard installed.

Fixed the list

CPU: I3-3220 120.98 1
Budget Total: 478.91

PS: (If you do make a video with these specs please refer to the people to this post ; ~ ; and maybe a Shoutout to my Youtube channel Once I get the money I will make a build of this)

The hackintosh at the following Youtube link comes in at about $250 for the basic system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqXkZgWrHw. I know it's Sandy Bridge not Ivy Bridge, but it's a good place to start for a budget system.

This one is Ivy Bridge and has an i5 for under $600: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msW_Nfk2TSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back