Contribute
Register

5 OS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to install Windows 7, 2 copies of Lion, and 2 linuxes. Is this possible? And also, can I make it so that I don't have the icons overlapping? Like 2 rows or something?

blueking said:
I want to install Windows 7, 2 copies of Lion, and 2 linuxes. Is this possible? And also, can I make it so that I don't have the icons overlapping? Like 2 rows or something?

Theory is we can create 16 partitions in osx so we can have 16 bootable partitions::

I have done this with osx ,no problems at all while testing and problem solving:

You can create a drive with as many as you like,but you are going to have a nightmare
configuring that HDD and each os with all of that going on:( imo )

One thing i will say is why not just make a double Hdd triple boot system and run that way as it would be more stable:

If your talking about bootloader screen icons.Yes they can and do get messed up / overlapped ......at least on mine they did:way around that is to make your own boot loader screen....

Why not run a few linux distros of a multiboot flash drive.....

My final 2 cents is ......yes it is possible...good luck with it if you do so...post it up/guide
etc way you did it .. :thumbup: :cool:

The part I don't know how to do is the making my own boot screen. How would I do this?

Edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with TextEdit as shown in this thread:http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21024

Then, have at it. I've got three OS on internal HDDs with a USB backup drive with two partitions dedicated to Clones of my current Lion and last SL builds, all of which show up in a nice single row. But, as you can tell by the above post, my monitor res is 1920x1200.

IIRC, Chameleon and Chimera don't have the capability to have multiple rows of bootable OS. When I first started running the default res settings with this many on-line systems, it would overlay any OS it found beyond the third OS. So, defining your screen resolution in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file is paramount to seeing 5 OS. iBoot and rBoot use a low res default setting.

Unfortunately, every time you run MB, you'll have to reinsert the Graphics Mode definition in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. So, I keep handy a TextEdit .txt file with:
Code:
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
to copy and pasted into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

I actually don't use multibeast much, so that won't be a problem. But thanks, looks great!

Do I need to edit both plists or org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Weird. I edited just theme.plist then both, and it didn't help.

Moved to correct forum,
Optimization -> Customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back