Contribute
Register

5 Monitors (HD4000 + 2x GT 610) -- GT 610s work, HD 4000 doesn't --- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U310
CPU
Intel i7-3517u
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone!

I'm on a B75M-D3H with an i3 3245 CPU, running a fresh install of 10.8.4 and I'm trying to get 5 monitors up and running and could use some advice/help!

I've successfully got 4 monitors up OOB with the two GT 610s with GE=No.
But I'm having a hell of a time getting the 5th via HD4000 (DVI).

I set IGFX as Primary in BIOS with 64MB RAM. I see the boot loader, but it always hangs before it's about to get the desktop.
Hangs usually at: [AGPM Controller] Unknown platform

The funny thing is that it worked at one point, and I was happy. Then it went back to hanging at that same point. Really WEIRD.

I've tried editing my DSDT to inject the HD4000 and fiddling with different bios settings and command lines PCIRootUID=0/1, device-properties, etc.
Any ideas what it could be? Or different things to try? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Hey everyone!

I'm on a B75M-D3H with an i3 3245 CPU, running a fresh install of 10.8.4 and I'm trying to get 5 monitors up and running and could use some advice/help!

I've successfully got 4 monitors up OOB with the two GT 610s with GE=No.
But I'm having a hell of a time getting the 5th via HD4000 (DVI).

I set IGFX as Primary in BIOS with 64MB RAM. I see the boot loader, but it always hangs before it's about to get the desktop.
Hangs usually at: [AGPM Controller] Unknown platform

The funny thing is that it worked at one point, and I was happy. Then it went back to hanging at that same point. Really WEIRD.

I've tried editing my DSDT to inject the HD4000 and fiddling with different bios settings and command lines PCIRootUID=0/1, device-properties, etc.
Any ideas what it could be? Or different things to try? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Seems that power management does not like the card combo you have. To confirm this, run the following command from single user "-s" mode. This is a temporary fix and will break sleep for your system

Code:
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.bak
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
touch /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

And to undo it:

Code:
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.bak /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
touch /System/Library/Extensions
reboot

Thanks for the tip, I tried this. But no luck. :(

Thanks for the help, Toleda. I tried that already. Extracted a DSDT of my system using DSDT Editor and injected the lines for HD4000. But still no go. It hangs up before getting to the desktop. The WEIRDEST thing is that I had it all working at one point. And then without changing a single thing, it stopped working and would hang up at boot.

Any other ideas?

I may just bite the bullet and replace one of the GT 610s with a GT 640, and then have 5 monitors strictly running off discrete graphics (3 displays running off the 640 and 2 running off the 610). I should be able to do that, right? Would I need to install extra drivers from NVidia, or will that setup work OOB on 10.8.4? According to this thread, you can run 3 monitors off the GT 640: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/87063-3-monitors-gt640.html).

Thanks for the help, Toleda. I tried that already. Extracted a DSDT of my system using DSDT Editor and injected the lines for HD4000. But still no go. It hangs up before getting to the desktop.
Regardless of what you tried, HD4000 injection is not working if the system still hangs during boot. Post in the linked thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back