CPU
i7-4785T
Graphics
GTX 860M
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Alienware Steam Machine running High Sierra after upgrading from Sierra.

I have almost everything working perfectly. However, 5.1 surround sound does not work. I DO HAVE sound, just not 5.1.

I do the Audio Mini Setup which automatically shows 6 channels but whatever speaker icon I click, I get the test tone either from left or right speakers.

I must say I have one those cheapo Sony Blu-Ray HT systems with Sony Bravia TV. I do get 5.1 when I use the Netflix app in the TV. (Chromecast Built-in).

Here is what I have trying the Clover installation.

audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.
The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0060
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1392 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Sorry, updated the profile.

How can I remove the HMDI audio and reinstall? Nothing in Patched folder. I have two different version Clovers and cannot see anything related to HDMI to remove.

Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
So, after adding the system details, will you help me? :)

I want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong before I report a problem.

Please see the attached photo. The computer/High Sierra sees the HDMI as 6 channels. However, the sound is NOT 6/5.1 channels. I only have 2 channels working. Left and right.

I have an optical output on my Alienware Steam Machine that I want to try BUT I think my optical output is BROKEN on the Alienware. I see NO RED LIGHT on the optical output at the back of the computer. I wonder if this is NOT working OR since the OSX cannot see the optical output, it does not light it. I did not need to use the optical output before so I am not sure if it was working before or not.

Can someone tell me if the light is not lit at the back, it is not a driver issue and actually the optical output hardware is broken?

Attachments

• a935adc9-554d-4f5c-aee5-d15a4ff76e89.jpg
    a935adc9-554d-4f5c-aee5-d15a4ff76e89.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 61
OK. I answered my own question above.

I installed Win10 to it. And the optical light came on. So, no hardware issue. Mac OSX cannot see the optical output.

I wonder if it is fixable.

What does optical have to do with HDMI?
Optical will not work until you install onboard audio.
If you read what I was trying to do, you would understand. Where did I say anything about optical audio and HMDI audio is related.

All you do here is to criticize and put people down.

I have not really seen any help from you here except criticize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back