Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks.

I've been happily using my first hackintosh build for a year now.

Now I have a Samsung UD590 4k monitor. It works with my motherboard (z87x-oc) and cpu (4770k with HD 4600) at native resolution via HDMI in Ubuntu. (However the GNU/Linux desktop on HiDPI displays sucks right now for a number of reasons.)

My current problems with latest Mavericks are:

(1) If I plug the monitor in using HDMI, I seem to be limited to 1920x1080 resolution (but I get native resolution in Linux).

(2) If I plug the monitor in using Displayport (while the machine is running) I get some higher resolution (but not native--it looks like 1440p or so). If I reboot the computer while the monitor is plugged in to Displayport, I get some weird crash (the boot loader?) and an error message about gui.c.

Is there a recommended method to get going with high resolution displays (and Intel HD graphics) on a hackintosh?

Well it seems I have managed limited success with this problem.

If I boot with my 1080p monitor connected to a particular HDMI port (the one closest to the Displayport port) then I can boot with the 4k monitor connected via Displayport. The bootloader uses the 1080p screen, and Mavericks uses my 4k screen as a 2650x1440 monitor.

I'll keep trying.

whats the word on 4k? Just grabbed a 4k monitor, max on my intel 4600hd is 2560xwhatever ...

thats through DP, HDMI looks like 1920x1050

im thinking of just buying gpu, but I would like to here what you learned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back