Motherboard
Asus Maximus II Formula
CPU
Q9650
Graphics
GTS250
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I would like to build my first Hackintosh for Editing Video with fresh components.

What do you think about these components?
- CPU: Intel i7 9700K
- Mobo: ?
- RAM: 64Gb
- GPU: AMD 5600XT
- HD: 2x Samsung nvme SSD 500Gb
- Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
- PSU: Enermax Modu 87+ 700W

Which mobo? Which Ram?

I'll use the PC with a 27" 5K monitor.

Last edited:
Will you require any PCIe slots for other cards? If so, how many?

No other cards, only for the GPU.
I just need of 3 Disks (2 SSD and 1 HD).
I don't know about a Wifi card, maybe buying a mobo with the wifi card inside?

Last edited:
Any of the mini-ITX boards or mATX boards in the Buyer's Guide will work. Depending on which one you finally select - and selection will depend on several more items, the mini-ITX would be a good fit. But, does it have enough USB ports for your needs? I will be putting together an Asus Z390/i7 9700K build for a friend when the parts get here - ordered and projected delivery is May 5. OTOH, she will be using it for audio, not video and will not need a GPU.

Do you need independent monitoring? Like an Blackmagic output card? If so I don't think ITX will have enough expansion.

Any of the mini-ITX boards or mATX boards in the Buyer's Guide will work. Depending on which one you finally select - and selection will depend on several more items, the mini-ITX would be a good fit. But, does it have enough USB ports for your needs? I will be putting together an Asus Z390/i7 9700K build for a friend when the parts get here - ordered and projected delivery is May 5. OTOH, she will be using it for audio, not video and will not need a GPU.
Thanks for answering, today I was watching among Asus and Gigabyte motherboards. Probably the Gigabyte Designare is the best choice for a hackintosh even judjing by all the people are using it.
It looks a little bit expensive to me and I am looking for a good option.
The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO or the PRO WIFI version looks interesting, but I have also read this topic: The case against buying Gigabyte Z390 motherboards
And I want to buy a full-size ATX Motherboard.
Do you need independent monitoring? Like an Blackmagic output card? If so I don't think ITX will have enough expansion.
No, but my case has enough space for a full-size ATX board, I prefer it.

Last edited:
No, but my case has enough space for a full-size ATX board, I prefer it.
that case I would suggest the Asus Z390-E Gaming board. You can replace the Intel WiFi card with a Mac compatible one if you need WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back