Contribute
Register

4K 60Hz - What's the right settings for a Samsung 50" LCD TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime z370 A-II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to get my Hackintosh to drive a new 4K Samsung 50" TV @ 60Hz. A previous Samsung 55" model worked just fine using the details below. Had to change sizes though and now the new model, a 2017 version, refuses to display at 60Hz despite the same settings.

Have the Club3D adapter
Have to Pixel Clock patch installed.
Have SwitchRes X and a custom profile. But Switch is saying it can't install the custom 4K 60 Hz profile (?)

Windows see's the monitor just fine at 4K 60hz so doesn't seem to be cable or hardware. (Cue visual of me beating my head against a wall and sounds of various hardware being thrown on the floor and me stomping on them).

I'm honestly ready just to buy a damn Mac but before I waist money, why is 60Hz so difficult on Mac OS?? (Venting a bit, but of all the issues...and from reading many threads... this is annoyingly complicated for what it is)

:beachball:

Ok, backing away from the ledge... for those that have a 2017 Samsung 4K TV working at 60Hz, what are your settings?

Last edited:
Figured it out. For the benefit of others:
The issue was SwitchRes X. I was using the trial version and it expired and unloaded. Bought the full version and was able to reload.
Once active, 4K 60p came back.
I will now stop drinking heavily. Until High Sierra that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back