Contribute
Register

4K@60hz not operational on my hackintosh High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
Hello guys,

I spent a lot of hours to use all (I think) solutions found on this site and others to solve problem in title.
I'am sure that my hardware is right (display port to hdmi adapter) because 4K@60hz is operational with Windows 10 and with Linux Mint 18.1. With these systems the highest resolution is 4096x2304 at 60Hz.
My config is :
MB asus Z170, Intel Core I7 4Ghz, ram 32Go, Graphics card GTX980, 43 UHD_LCD_TV
High Sierra 17A405 (updated from 10.12.6), Nvidia Web driver 378.10.10.10.15.121
Clover 4045, kext in Clover/kext/other :CoreDisplayFixup, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup
The highest resolution is 4K@30Hz despite a lot of tests.

Thanks for news suggestions.

As far as I know, for some very stupid reason, Apple doesn't do 60fps at 4k. They cap it at 30. Because I have the same thing. Sad. I was hoping they'd update that with high sierra, but noooo.

Very strange... I've changed my card from a GTX960 to a AMD RX580, but I could drive both of my Dell 4K monitors at 4K@60Hz on the GTX960. This was both on Sierra 10.12.6 and HS 10.13.1.

Since I had only 1 DP connector on the GTX960, the second monitor was connected via HDMI and in the Dell monitor settings I had to enter a 'secret' menu to enable the HDMI from default HDMI 1.4 to 2.0. as 2.0 only supports UHD (4k@60Hz0).

So you should be getting your 4K@60Hz, especially with only one monitor!

Are your HDMI cables qualified for HDMI v2.x ?? I know you can get Linux etc working with them, but maybe Apple is fussier?

Very strange... I've changed my card from a GTX960 to a AMD RX580, but I could drive both of my Dell 4K monitors at 4K@60Hz on the GTX960. This was both on Sierra 10.12.6 and HS 10.13.1.

Since I had only 1 DP connector on the GTX960, the second monitor was connected via HDMI and in the Dell monitor settings I had to enter a 'secret' menu to enable the HDMI from default HDMI 1.4 to 2.0. as 2.0 only supports UHD (4k@60Hz0).

So you should be getting your 4K@60Hz, especially with only one monitor!

Are your HDMI cables qualified for HDMI v2.x ?? I know you can get Linux etc working with them, but maybe Apple is fussier?

This problem seems to be specific to either TV's used as displays or hdmi, I don't remember which. Sorry I could have mentioned that.

Have you tried SwitchResX yet?

Have you tried SwitchResX yet?
You're recommending a paid app that changes some coding or kexts and your doing this on a hackintosh building forum.

I was excited to see a solution here for my new 4k display which is doing the same thing on sierra.

Rx560

help?

Wanna play csgo

Thanks !

This fixed half of my problem, but I think the rest is only because I need to run a display port cable directly.

However, My Asus MG28U came with a usb to some type of fat usb connector looking thing (blue colored) I was hoping this would plug into my usb3.0 jack on the Mobo and just work but it seems like this has some other special purpose.

Any solutions to get FreeSync working with my rx560? I see its only supported with Windows, Linux, Ubuntu ... :/

My max refresh rate at ANY display is still capped to 60hz

However, I just got done swapping this monitor from the previous Asus (VG278Q) and this <--- puppy worked phenomenally out of the box (without freesync) @120 hz ! 1080p !

Now just thinking about sticking back to it (even tho it is 27'' vs the 28'' I have running now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back